A few plugin ideas (1 Viewer)

deeps

Portal Pro
April 28, 2006
Hey this plugin idea is great :)

now just some ideas for some of you great people that can actually code these plugins. I think a few of these would be quite handy

1) A fuel price plugin.
With fuel prices skyrocketing, it'd be great to have a plugin that showed you the prices from around your area. For example, i live in perth, Western Australia. I can go to
www.fuelwatch.wa.gov.au and get fuel prices
It'd be great to have it on mp

2) Alarm/reminder - probably fairly easy to implement i'd guess.

3) Horoscopes - i've noticed someone began this project, but hasn't since posted back.

4) Sports scores/Latest news headlines - Not RSS. Something really easy to set up - i'm assuming RSS is hard? :p

deeps

Portal Pro
April 28, 2006
lol

and we're complaining about the prices here! I think it's more to do with the fact, that about 7 years ago, it was 60 cents Australian per litre.

Now it's jumped to 130's. So it's more than doubled. Though i'm sure it's the same over there.

I've found that petrol prices are pretty similar all over the world except for a few places

Perhaps it's govt taxes that really push it up alot?

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    deeps said:
    2) Alarm/reminder - probably fairly easy to implement i'd guess.
    My Alarms is already an existing plugin.

deeps said:
    3) Horoscopes - i've noticed someone began this project, but hasn't since posted back.
    Nice idea! Got to grab it from the proper site & parse maybe...

deeps said:
    4) Sports scores/Latest news headlines - Not RSS. Something really easy to set up - i'm assuming RSS is hard? :p
    Why is RSS hard? There is already a news reader in MP, so just check your favorite news / sports etc. website, grab the URL and paste it to the News Plugin in Configuration. Then go ahead and read!

(we should also start implementing podcasts and video, but alas...)

Mavidica

Portal Member
    December 9, 2013
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    "Why is RSS hard? There is already a news reader in MP, so just check your favorite news / sports etc. website, grab the URL and paste it to the News Plugin in Configuration. Then go ahead and read!"

Actually, I can't get the built-in news plugin to work (MP1.6 Titan) at all on my system in Sydney Australia. Anyone out there who can tell me step by step (Keep it simple please) how to get it going?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom