A few questions about multiple client setup (1 Viewer)

Dan Crosby

October 18, 2013
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi, I have managed to get MediaPortal 1.5 working with the WebMediaPortal browser interface at home. and am now looking at the possibilty of using it at our College Campus to allow teachers to schedule TV recordings and stream recorded programs. (As the AV tech, I currently have to burn everything to DVD which is ridiculous and a nightmare, especially when it comes to series!)

I would like to know how many simultaneous clients the MediaPortal TV server can deal with being connected and streaming to? Is it limited by the software or by the hardware setup? We would be looking at buying a new setup for a dedicated PC to run it.

Also, is it possible to customise the web interface so that I could hide options we don't want to use, such as Music, "Download All" (don't really want teachers downloading all of the TV recordings and destroying the network), etc. ? Ideally we would just have Home, TV Guide, Recorded Programs, Settings, Exit. I have briefly looked into the skins for the web interface and it looks like some of them have less menu options than others, so I'm hoping it is possible with a bit of work on a custom skin build.

Any pointers in the right direction would be great, and sorry if anything has been asked before - I have searched but can't find the answers I need.

Thanks very much. Dan

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom