A few random setup questions (1 Viewer)

Ryan_M

Portal Member
March 20, 2009
Courtice
Home Country
Canada Canada
I've converted to MP a few days ago and I'm really happy with it! I think I have everything working, just want to clean things up a bit and get it working smoother so I have a few questions.

1.) I tried moving pictures and couldn't get it to play the index.bdmv file for the life of me but setting TMT as the external player worked perfectly. However, when I go to pick a movie I select the movie folder, then the BDMV folder, than have to select the index.bdmv file. Is there any way that when I select the particular movie folder in the menu that it will automatically select the index.bdmv file rather that having to work my way through the subdirectories?

2.) Is there anyway to make the menu for movies ignore "The" in the movie title so "the Matrix" shows up with the M's?

3.) there is a bit of lag when playing selecting music tracks (all flacs) before it starts playing. It seems to be OK when selecting a different track in the same folder but if I select a track from a different folder there is a second or two delay before it starts playing. I've reduced the 'buffer' to 1.00s which helped but still not perfectly smooth.

I'll probably have a few more Q's to add but for now I'd appreciate any help or point me in the right direction to find the answers.

Thanks,
Ryan

TLD

Portal Pro
October 26, 2007
Rainy Washington
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I use the Moving Pictures plugin and it ignores the "The" in The Matrix and sorts it in the M's, Look here: ( Configuration Screen - Moving Pictures ) For configuring Moving Pictures. You can change the sort line in 'Movie Manager' in the configuration to sort by whatever name you like.

Don't know what kind of file a "index.bdmv" is it may not be supported, you can find more information about Moving Pictures here: Moving Pictures - MediaPortal Forum

Ryan_M

Portal Member
March 20, 2009
Courtice
Home Country
Canada Canada
I use the Moving Pictures plugin and it ignores the "The" in The Matrix and sorts it in the M's, Look here: ( Configuration Screen - Moving Pictures ) For configuring Moving Pictures. You can change the sort line in 'Movie Manager' in the configuration to sort by whatever name you like.

Thanks, I'll look into that. Funny I have the configuration set to ignore 'the' in the music menu too but it doesn't....

Don't know what kind of file a "index.bdmv" is it may not be supported, you can find more information about Moving Pictures here: Moving Pictures - MediaPortal Forum

The index.bdmv is the root file for a bluray movie. For instance in windows explorer I double click the index.bdmv file and TMT starts up and plays it. Similarly I defined uMCDVD(something).exe as the external player for MP and it works fine when selecting the .bdmv file - except the PITA of having to dig through the directory structure of the BD to get to it. I tried a moving pictures guide and could only play the m2ts files, but it would only play the one and return to the menu, it wouldn't play them sequentially.

I don't know what advantages moving pictures is supposed to have over just defining an external player but it isn't doing anything for me yet as BD playback works better without it (again so far as I've been able to figure out). But if it will reorganize the movies to ignore 'the' then it will be worth keeping.

tomtom21000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Germany
    AW: Re: A few random setup questions

Thanks, I'll look into that. Funny I have the configuration set to ignore 'the' in the music menu too but it doesn't....

You probably need to (re-) import your music into the database after choosing this settings option.

tomtom

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom