A few teething issues (standby and plasme image retention)

Discussion in 'Newcomers Forum' started by Enigma_2k4, February 20, 2012.

1. Enigma_2k4

Enigma_2k4 Portal Member

Corporate paper pusher
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    South Africa South Africa
    Show System Specs
    Hi all,

I am LOVING MP! It's very new for me (only been about 2 months now) hence teething issues are normal but i've hit some walls where searching this forum, the wiki and google aren't helping me.

I previously have been using 7MC + media browser (for 5 years now) which was awesome but this is by far much better if I can get it right. If I can then I am happy to donate to Media portal + the guys who make the skinds I like...

Here are my challenges:
    1. Music player enters standby - after 15 mins or so of music playing my PC enters standby mode, then upon resuming doesn't play sound untilI restart MP.
    2. Plasma image retention - I play music for long periods of time on my plasma display, unfortunately (unlike 7MC) there is no option to have a scrolling / moving music player window so that I don't have to worry about image retention. Is there a particular option somewhere or something I am missing?
    3. Powerschewduler++ - I tried installing this numerous times (thru MP configurator) but it doesn't show me the program in the plugins list so I have no idea how to sort out the standby / power issues

and then secondary problems:

4. Weather, last fm and various others crash upon opening saying the can't find the xml file (with a black screen). Any ideas? It's prob very simple but i'm lost here...

I am running:
    MP 1.2.2.0 - fully updated
    Avalon HD skin
    ATI radeon HD5670 GFX
    Win 7 32 bit Pro

Any other info you need?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. mjmapi
    • Premium Supporter

mjmapi MP Donator

Business Application Consultant
    Ratings:
    +20 / 2
    Home Country:
    South Africa South Africa
    I just upgraded from XP to Win7 myself and having power issues, here is what i found out,

1-Win7 MCE did not play nicely with MP even when the eHome services were disabled, i ended up settling for Win7 Home Basic, have not had incossistent bootups, blue/black screens on resume.

2-If HTPC restarts after every 15 minutes whether watching/listening to media try disabling the Powerschedulers settings under MP configurations,once installed the application places an icon both under the TV and MP configurations i only setup my standby time under TV settings and that resolved the issue for me.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!