A Little Help for a Noob with Emulators 2 (1 Viewer)

egoo33

May 6, 2013
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Hello,

First I want to apologize for my ignorance I am new to all of this so all of your help is truly appreciated.

I just downloaded MediaPortal and Installed My Emulators 2 and I kept getting this error message

Missing or invalid file:C\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Skin\Titan\Emulators2.xml

So after skimming the threads I came across a post that said I needed to get the Titan Extended Skin, so I used the extensions Manager and downloaded Titan Extended. I am still getting the same error message, is there something that I am still doing incorrect?

Your help is truly appreciated and look forward to joining a great new community!!:)

egoo33

May 6, 2013
Home Country
Ok i tried switching themes to default wide and i got it working and after importing all my sega genesis games i am now getting a new error message

Error
Goodmerge error: Error setting path to 7z.dll
Can not load 7-zip library or internal COM error!

I am so confused right now i use winrar and don't think i have 7zip installed, should i changed the extension for all my roms? or do i just install a new 7zip?

Thank you in advance.

legnod

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 24, 2011
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Just take a look at my signature....i made some skin files for titan and emulators2. You only need to copy the files to the Titan folder (C\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Skin\Titan\).

egoo33

May 6, 2013
    Home Country
    Thank you for your help but i can't find a skin folder and if i switch to the default wide theme i can get emulators 2 to run but i am getting the 7z.dll error.

legnod

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 24, 2011
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Uhm if you can select the titan skin in MP configuration...there should exist an skin folder too. Maybe your ProgramData folder is invisible because its an windows folder? You need to enable that the hidden folders/files will be shown too.
    Have you selected the right path to the 7zip.exe file within the emulator configuration?

egoo33

May 6, 2013
    Home Country
    I found the folder after enabling hidden folders and copied the files to the Titan Folder but I am still getting the same error repsonse.

I think the mapping was correct because all my roms were listed with all the art and descrpitions but when I wanted to play them i got the 7z.dll error message

Thank you for your help

egoo33

May 6, 2013
    Home Country
    I have tried installing uninstalling and reinstalling 7zip for 86 because I read there maybe issues with 64 but I still get the same error and I unrared everything and re rared them with the zip ext and re entered it into media Portal and get the same error

erichzann

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 25, 2011
    Oxford
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Don't you have to set the path to the 7zip dll in the MyEmulators setting. I am not in front of my setup right now so I can't be sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom