A new Plugin for the Music-Part! Is it possible? (1 Viewer)

Helios61

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Plugin Devs, hi community!

I think, there are fantastic plugins for the Movie-Part in MP, like "Moving Pictures" or "MyFilms" and "MP-TVSeries"! Isnn't it possible to expand one of them to the Music-Part with all the great features of the Movie-Plugins? I think, there will come a lot of ideas for a "listening music" - Plugin, if one of you decides to develop this plugin!

I hope, i have awaked your interest!

Best regards
    Helios

Phunky

Portal Member
    July 19, 2007
    I must admit the Music player works but is not the most usable feature within MediaPortal - over xmas i ended up just using WMP when we had a few parties as MP was awful for setting up playlist simply

joz

Portal Pro
    March 17, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    there are already some plugins that make things more usable like:
    - global search
    - Smart playlist

I do not see how the functionality of how it is now can be improved by incorparating anything from the plugins suggested above.
    Which functionality of these plugins would be handy? I don't see it yet.

Helios61

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi joz!

For Example:

- Database Interface for (maybe) Helium Music Manager
    - Fanart Support (Artist, Genre)
    - a new Info Grabber
    - better handling of "special editions" -> CD & DVD

Best regards
    Helios

ysmp

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 17, 2008
    Seoul.
    Home Country
    South Korea South Korea
    there are already some plugins that make things more usable like:
    - global search
    - Smart playlist

I do not see how the functionality of how it is now can be improved by incorparating anything from the plugins suggested above.
    Which functionality of these plugins would be handy? I don't see it yet.

i suggest long time ago ,if can devlop pluging like moving-picture for music ,we can get from the wab :Home Theater Backdrops - Home nice fanart automatic ,can get artist info from amazon.... have so meny option
    for music....
    (by the way i suggest it to fforde moving-picture and he thing it graet idea ,but he dont have the time)
    he say if someone wont to do it he can offer Moving Pictures code ,and give advice ....
    i thing if someone can do it this will be so great for the music section...

ysmp

ysmp

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 17, 2008
    Seoul.
    Home Country
    South Korea South Korea
    come on guys ,lets keep this post alive .... this idea is great for music section ...
    a plugin for music like moving-picture ,this will be vary cool ...

movie's come and go ,our music collection will stay all time ...and just will get bigger...:p

PussyWagon

Portal Pro
    August 2, 2008
    I agree! The music section today sux big time...
    There is many really great plugins for MP and it is very weird that there have not been done any for the Music section yet??

Some nice GUI like fan-art, covers and back-covers (like iphone and ipod have) and with the same great ability to scroll through the music albums like itunes with coverflow effects would have been a nice improvement! Like it looks today makes me sick... "Now plays" is a great feature but it could be improved! Screensaver with "Now playing" effect would have been nice. Like the XBMC has got for many years now!
    Playlist could for sure also be improved... and a "Genius playlist" would have been nice (maybe the Smart Playlist is something like Genius playlist? I dont know..)

So yes, i totaly agree! Come on everybody and take this request to the top of requested plugins and features! :)

Helios61

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi!

I agree! The music section today sux big time...
    There is many really great plugins for MP and it is very weird that there have not been done any for the Music section yet??

Some nice GUI like fan-art, covers and back-covers (like iphone and ipod have) and with the same great ability to scroll through the music albums like itunes with coverflow effects would have been a nice improvement! Like it looks today makes me sick... "Now plays" is a great feature but it could be improved! Screensaver with "Now playing" effect would have been nice. Like the XBMC has got for many years now!

So yes, i totaly agree! Come on everybody and take this request to the top of requested plugins and features! :)

Well, i think the Devs are working very hard on the Music Part of MP too, but it isn't visible so far! In one of the upcoming releases there will come the upgrade of the bass engine and the database and Cuesheet-Support! But i think, things like Fanart, coverflow-effects, screensaver etc., that could be part of a plugin!

Best regards
    Helios

Helios61

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Better Handling of "special editions" (CD & DVD)

Hello community!

A new idea: i have a lot of "Special Editions" or Edition with CD & DVD like The Police - Certifiable or Genesis- Box Set! I think, the handling of these editions could be made better like in Myvideo choosing disc 1 or disc 2! Maybe it is possible to combine the databases!
    Well, its only one idea more!

Best regards
    Helios

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom