A program that will fix all my mp3s? (1 Viewer)

knutinh

Portal Pro
September 4, 2005
I have searched for (and installed a number of) applications that will "fix" my mp3 collection, in vain. I am now asking if anyone here can recommend a program that will:

1. Take a large number of mp3s with varying name/folder conventions and varying degree of ID3 tags

2. Guess the artist from both filename, foldername and existsing ID3 tags

3. In case it cant make a single good guess, prompt me to select one of several choices (or input some info manually, then search freedb for a match). This should be done only once for an album folder (ie song #2-12 shopuld be recognized once song#1 is tagged)

4. After each song has been recognized, properly format every song in the desired format, including folder location, file name and ID3 tags, freshly from freedb.

5. Remove duplicates, keep the highest bitrate version

Possible? I have found lots of programs that do no.4, but assume that there are correct IDtags allready, or that you have to enter tags tediously manually...

best regards
Knut

onkl

Portal Pro
February 18, 2005
Wageningen
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
You may want to look at the musicbrainz tagger. It won't help you with the complete list but might be useful when combined with other programs.
It's a autotagger, which tags all "obvious" hits and sets aside the ones on which it is unsure.

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    cheezy is probably right:
    Have tagged and reorganised more than 17,000 mp3 using ID3-TagIT.
    Some prefer also 2The Godfather", but i like ID3-TagIT more.

CoolHammer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2004
    Finland
    Another vote for ID3-tagit, requires some work tho. IMHO there is no such thing as automatic ID3 fixer, all tools require some manual tweaking. ID3-Tagit has plenty of nice tools to make that manual work more pleaseant.

CoolHammer

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom