A way to backup bookmarks (1 Viewer)

Zorg

Portal Pro
June 12, 2008
Home Country
Spain Spain
Hi,

In the years I've been using Media Portal I did a lot of bookmarks in my favourite scenes of films.

The problem is I always end up losing my bookmarks, when I upgrade or downgrade or I don't know how, but I'm always repeating the same bookmarks and losing them after some months.

Is there a way to backup the bookmarks and keep them for a new or fresh installation of the MP program?

I guess not, but I would appreciate very much if someone could confirm that or give some useful tip.

Thank you in advance

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I assume you're talking about the bookmarks in MyVideo?
    Those should all be saved in you Videos database, together with everything else. I assume your videos collection stays untouched during up/downgrades?

Zorg

Portal Pro
    June 12, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Thank you for answering.
    Yes, I was talking about bookmarks in MyVideo.

So, is there a way to backup the Videos database?

I forgot to tell that I also lose bookmarks, obviously, when I restore a previous image of the system (I do that now and then with Norton Ghost, when I encounter some issues in Windows).

If I could backup the Videos database and overwrite the old database that I have restored, then my problem will disappear.
    Is that possible?
    Thank you again.

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Yes, that's very much possible! You can backup ALL your MediaPortal setting, plugin settings, databases & thumbs.
    database >> C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\database
    thumbs >> C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\thumbs
    XML files with settings >> C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal

You can simply backup the folders, but an easier way is to use the BackupSettings plugin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom