[EPG] Ability to go back 24 hours in epg (1 Viewer)

kkendall

Portal Pro
April 24, 2007
Gouda
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I often come home past midnight and with MP, I'm not able to see what's been on the telly that day :(
Why is it not allowed to see the guideinfo of the past day? I mean, when I'm past midnight for one minute I can't see what was on tv 5 minutes ago... If I looked 2 minutes earlier I could have seen what's been on for the last 24 hours! :s
This seems to me quite inconsistant and also annoying.

jonm

Portal Pro
January 12, 2009
Wales
Home Country
Wales Wales
Eh? What's the point? You can't watch what's been on unless you've recorded it so why would you need/want to know?

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Interestingly ForTheRecord console can do this, but not in MPGUI, so could it be a skin issue more than a db one I wonder.

kkendall

Portal Pro
    April 24, 2007
    Gouda
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Eh? What's the point? You can't watch what's been on unless you've recorded it so why would you need/want to know?

There is a thing called reruns ;)
    So, if there was a show on that I'd have loved to see then you can see when the rerun is on. Good examples of channels where this is very usefull are Discovery or National Geographic. They air a lot of reruns of their documentaries. I often speak to friends who say "did you see ...last night, it was great!" or, "did you see that show last night on Discovery, dunno what it was called anymore..."

Now, if I had the ability to see the past 24hours in the epg, it's easy to find the show and set it for recording the next time it's on.

At the moment it takes a lot more steps to record a rerun of a show you know the name of and it's nearly impossible to find a rerun of a show where you don't know the name of.

kkendall

Portal Pro
    April 24, 2007
    Gouda
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I've been missing that feature as well.
    I hope it's just a matter of removing a restriction. In that case it would be great if it could be implemented in 1.1 (yes, I know there is a feature freeze :p)
    Fat chance :)

P-Diddy said:
    Then use FTR, so you can go back:)
    Even fatter.... :D

Still, it's just too annoying for me that this bug or this simple missing feature is in MP.
    I just hope they realise that basic functionality like this should be in there.

'till then I give FTR a try.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom