about mp video player and tv server preview window. (1 Viewer)

tattoozit

Portal Pro
March 6, 2008
Hey everyone, I was just wondering why all of my channels work flawlessly in the tv-server preview window, but when I go into media portal the program hangs on the tv side? Is this the same player? And if not what are some suggestions? My first thought is that it may be my Huappauge HVR-1600 combo. I dont know much about this card, except that it was the cheapest atsc card that I could pick up without getting something usb. I dont know, but my Olevia uses an ati tuner and the picture quality in it is beautiful. This is what I am trying to mimic. When I run the antenna through the tv the picture is clear and crisp, just what you would expect from a 720p lcd. but when I run the same antenna through the hauppauge I have poorer reception, and the channels that do flow well, the picture looks less than SD. :confused:

My WAF (wife approval factor) is dropping by the day. Because all I have been doing is, "sitting in front of the computer trying to get that :mad: stupid thing to work!" I am sure that this program has got to be better than this for tv. I mean it is centered around home entertainment and what would that be without tv? And I dont think so many people would rave about it if it wasn't. If it is just a matter of getting a better card, then I will just save myself some frustration and get one. I was trying to do the htpc thing on the cheap, but so far it hasn't been quite that. anyway, if some good people here could offer some advice, it would be much appreciated. It would be helpful if you could see a list of what works well, as far as cpu's and card combos, and what not. I dont think that my computer is that outdated as I have heard that MP works well on lesser machines. And,... nevermind. :)baby steps. lol

Thanks for listening,

:D

Tattoozit

tattoozit

Portal Pro
March 6, 2008
My tv to computer connection is hdmi/dvi. is this maybe a possible cause of poor picture? I could alway hook it up through the vga. just a thought.

toozit

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom