About the web browser plugin... (1 Viewer)

moltas

Portal Pro
April 6, 2005
Sweden
jawbroken said:
moltas said:
I think that the problem isn't the size of the telly rather the resolution. Even with HDTV the resolution is low compared to a normal PC.

/Moltas

My HDTV has a resolution of 1920x1080. This is nowhere near low compared to a normal PC, or at least not to me considering my desktop PC is run at 1280x960.

Ohhh, I didn't realize that the HDTV standard had that kind of resolution. Seems pretty cool :)

/Moltas

moltas

Portal Pro
April 6, 2005
Sweden
Thanks Devo, really great to surf the web from the sofa :)

Could you explain how the favorites folder work. How do I add favorites to the folder? Is it just a bunch of url.lnk or?

/Moltas

devo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 2, 2004
    Canada
    moltas said:
    Thanks Devo, really great to surf the web from the sofa :)

Could you explain how the favorites folder work. How do I add favorites to the folder? Is it just a bunch of url.lnk or?

/Moltas

Your welcome.

It is the same files that Internet Explorer uses for bookmarks. So anyway you can add those , through explorer, notepad etc MediaPortal will add them.

Perhaps in the future you will be able to do this though MediaPortal.

talos

Portal Pro
    August 24, 2004
    UK
    And if you use Firefox, you can set your homepage to your firefox Favourites which is stored as a html file here:
    "C:\Documents and Settings\<yourLoginName>\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\<randomChars>.default\bookmarks.html"

Czar63

Portal Member
    April 23, 2004
    Padova, Italy
    I know for sure that there are sites designed specifically for the MCE browsing.
    Does anybody knows a list of this kind of websites?

Another question: as most of us I own a domain name. I'd like to design a page browsable by MCE remote. Is there any (easy) tool you know to write such a homepage?
    A template would be good also.

Ciao

Cristiano

devo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 2, 2004
    Canada
    hansdegit said:
    Is it a big effort to read the Firefox bookmarks.html when clicking on the "favorites" button?

Perfect plugin, BTW. Nice work!

In the way that IE favorites are read yes it is a bit tricky and I haven't had time to look at it. It is on the TODO list.

fathead

Portal Pro
    March 17, 2005
    devo said:
    hansdegit said:
    Is it a big effort to read the Firefox bookmarks.html when clicking on the "favorites" button?

Perfect plugin, BTW. Nice work!

In the way that IE favorites are read yes it is a bit tricky and I haven't had time to look at it. It is on the TODO list.

Excellent work Devo!

Once the firefox elements are in and working, you'll have created a cracker! :wink:

xenophobe

Portal Member
    March 8, 2006
    Hi There,

does anyone plan to fix the 16:9 bug on the webbrowser plugin ?
    There is definately to much wasted space below the website displayed on the screen if a 16:9 skin has been applied.

I'd really like the webbrowser plugin to use as much space as possible on my screen (1360 x 768).

Regards
    John

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom