AC3 channel in denmark (1 Viewer)

bjhans

Portal Member
April 7, 2007
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
In Denmark we have 2 DVB-T channels named TV2, one with AC3 sound and one with stereo sound and they are in the same mux.

The TVengine is only detect the channel with stereo sound, why?

DVBViewer detects both channels.

Kind Regards
Hansen

Dadane

Portal Member
January 3, 2007
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Where do you live? Here I only have four channels, DR1, DR2, Tegnsprog and TV2.

Some programs have both AC3 and MP2 sound, - some only MP2. And I am pretty sure it's on all 3 channels (haven't every seen anything on Tegnsprog).

bjhans

Portal Member
April 7, 2007
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
I live near Viborg, so I receive DVB-T on frekvens 682000 and there is normaly 5 channels, DR1, DR2, TV2, TV2 Midt/Vest(AC3) and Tegnsprog. But in TVEngine only detect DR1, DR2, TV2 and Tegnsprog. Is there an explanation for this?

Dadane

Portal Member
January 3, 2007
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Not that I know of.
Perhaps you can see two different regions of TV2? Is the other one also Midt/Vest? (i.e. when it sends local programs is it the same on both)?

As far as I know it still only in a testing phase (or kind of). Remember only a small part of the country is covered. So perhaps they are testing something there, I don't know?

bjhans

Portal Member
April 7, 2007
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Not that I know of.
Perhaps you can see two different regions of TV2? Is the other one also Midt/Vest? (i.e. when it sends local programs is it the same on both)?

As far as I know it still only in a testing phase (or kind of). Remember only a small part of the country is covered. So perhaps they are testing something there, I don't know?

Sorry, I misinformed you about what name the channels have, so here is what DVBViewer detects exactly: DR1, DR2, TV2 Midt/Vest AND TV2 Midt/Vest(AC3).

I believe that it is the same in other regions, just with other names ex. TV2 Nord AND TV2 Nord(AC3) and so on.

When I watch TV2 Midt/Vest(AC3) my surroundreceiver lights up the "Dolby Digital" symbol, it gives a better sound when I watch movies, but again, not in Mediaportal.

Hemulen

Portal Member
January 1, 2007
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Have you tried to press "A" on the keybord to change audio streem? I don't know if it's a feature but when I tested TVE3 with Swedish AC3 channels I noticed that after pressing "A" on the keybord the "Dolby Digital" symbol started to light on my reciever as it automaticly does with TVE2.

Nyll

Portal Pro
May 18, 2006
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Hi

TVE3 detects ac3 nicely here in Aarhus, but only on TV2. You can toggle between ac3 and mp1 if you choose "sprog" (language) in the TV-section in the Mediaportal client.

/Nyll

bjhans

Portal Member
April 7, 2007
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
I can't still get it to work. I tried pressing the A button on the keyboard, but with no luck.

What Direct sound filter does you use? I use AC3Filter. Maybe that causes the problem.

Hansen

Nyll

Portal Pro
May 18, 2006
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
I don't use ac3 myself but it could be the filter that's causing the problem. Try removing the filter and demux a recorded movie on tv2. You can do this by using the Project X demux tool.

Here is what I get out of the ts-stream (from my log report in Project X):

summary of created media files:
Video (m2v): Kongen af Queens-2007-03-30-14_10.m2v
Audio 0 (mp2): Kongen af Queens-2007-03-30-14_10.mp2
Audio 1 (ac3): Kongen af Queens-2007-03-30-14_10.ac3
SubPicture 0: Kongen af Queens-2007-03-30-14_10.sup

Summary: Try to record a show and then demux the show to find out if you receive the ac3 channel on TV2. If you do - try to delete the ac3 filter.

/Nyll

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom