access to ATI AIW tv-tuner software from the menu (2 Viewers)

A

Anonymous

Hi,

I have an ATI AIW 9800 Pro card, and it's TV-tuner is not working perfect with MP due to the interlaced problem I have seen discussed on other topics in this forum.

Is it possible to "hack" the menu so when I click on "My TV", the TV-application included in the AIW software starts instead ?
(until you have fix for the ATI AIW cards...)

rgds,
Helge

A

Anonymous

I have written about this before. I think it is certainly possible to create an MMC plugin similar to this:

http://www.meedio.com/pub/ATI_EPG_Plugin/

However, I am really quite opposed to the idea for a few reasons. To cut a long story short, I think if someone creates this then I don't think AIW owners will ever get full native support. A plugin like this would have to have so many hooks into MediaPortal, anytime ATI decided to change the MMC, it could break the plugin. It would never give a good integrated solution. It would probably intoduce more bugs than it fixed.

Yes, it is an option. If any developer wants to give it a shot, I'd be one of the first in the queue to bug test. The AIW cards are always going to have a real hard time in MP, what with live TV, capturing and video rendering.

Unfortunately IMHO, the very best solution is to find a few AIW card owners with sufficient directshow/C# experience to do this properly. (or buy frodo the full range of all AIW cards ever made and several cases of beer) :wink:

CoolHammer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2004
    Finland
    I think forbes is right, aiw support is not going to be better with this hack.

Helges you could use My Programs plugin. Latest plugin can launch single exe so you could add one entry as mmc /tv (take the exact line from shortcut)

CoolHammer

A

Anonymous

No need guys, I have native support working for my AIW and will be releasing a test version for you guys this weekend :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom