Acer Revo Aspire is slow as a MP client (1 Viewer)

elsmandino

Portal Pro
March 3, 2011
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Fantastic,

Thanks very much for the update - sounds like 1.2 is the way to go. I shall give it a go tonight and let you know how I get on.

One other quick thing Lehmden - I note that you refer to MKV splitter - is this the program found at mkvsplitter.com? If it is, do you not use a separate computer for doing all you video editing and also, what program are you using to convert the .ts to .mkv before you start editing?

fiendmish

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 22, 2011
    Home Country
    I'm running MP 1.2 on an acer 3610 with 4gb ram (win 7) and it runs fine, its a single seat so doing the TV work as well as the front end. Its not a powerhouse but i have it running pretty well now. The new Avalon skin seems to be one of the fastest skins ive tried so far and has the advantage of looking great as well.

The only place its slow is in long lists of music, i had it display all albums as the default view (about 100gb music) but this was cripplingly slow so now it comes in at the genres menu it behaves a lot better.

druid9

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 31, 2006
    I have absolutely no issues with my Revo

I run MP 1.2, Streamed MP Skin, Hardwired Lan, output Video to my Sony TV over HDMI, audio to my Onkyo Receiver over Optical

Codecs used make a big difference, I am presently on SAF 5.02, need HW acceleration.

I started a thread https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/general-support-51/atom-ion-users-thread-86594/?highlight=revo which might give you a few pointers.

My Revo has been my main client for about 2 years, for the $500 it cost me I am well pleased

elsmandino

Portal Pro
    March 3, 2011
    Home Country
    Hi there,

Thanks very much for all your input - I installed the new version of Mediaportal as recommended and confirm that it made my Revo seem like a new computer. I cannot stress what a difference it made and would definitely recommend the upgrade.

The EPG is instant and just as fast as my HTPC now.

There are also a few other bugs that appear to have have disappeared from 1.1.3 - I was noticing before that my system was freezing when a new recording started and also recordings/live TV would jump back by a minute randomly for no reason - 1.2beta seems to have fixed all this.

Thanks again for the advice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom