ActiveX programming help ! (1 Viewer)

maniac's

Portal Pro
July 7, 2004
Paris, FRANCE
Hi devs !

I'm currently trying to develop a plugin which use an activex. As all projects using 'old' com model, I've made a wrapper.

However the DirectX base of mediaportal windows does not support a direct intergration of the activex. To solve that problem I thought about a windows form that will be only used as a container for the activex, it meens hidden, never used directly.

This attempt did not throw any error, but there were no activex action too. The searches I've made talk about message pump etc but they did not solve my pb.

Does anybody could help me on this topic ? I know that it's a very specific problem but it would be very appreciated !

Thanks

A

Anonymous

I don't think you can do that. While it is easy to place an activex control on the form via AXHost because directdraw/direct3d is used it will never display as the active control will render to GDI/GDI+.

It may be possible to get the handle, copy the graphics to a bitmap then display that but it's a lot of work and I imagine it will be slow.

maniac's

Portal Pro
July 7, 2004
Paris, FRANCE
Well, I found a solution, because the activeX I need does not show anything to the user.

In this case it's only necessary to create a form and to drag'n'drop the activex into it. Then the construction of the form will intialise the activex directly (especially its persistant state from the integrated form's resources).
If you need to show something you can declare a form with no border style and place it at the good place.

Have fun !

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom