Actor (Director...) details - where is it? (1 Viewer)

joEhSuper

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 2, 2011
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Sorry for this question - but I can't find detailed information for actors. I don't mean the (Context Menu) IMDB Infos that lead me to WebBrowser Plugin.
    Here http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...ns/My_Films/Skinning_My_Films/Skin_Properties I found this:
    MyFilmsActorsInfo.xml Persons details - Not functional yet 7991

Can it be that it doesn't work with Titan Skin?

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    Hi, MyFilmsActorsInfo.xml is not needed - the information is displayed within the main browsing area, when browsing persons.
    Details about person views can be found here. When you first select a list of persons, the details might still be missing, as it is loading them while you're in the view, but once you've browsed a bit, information gets more and more complete.
    However, I did a quick check with Titan (not using it myself) and can confirm, that the Titan skin is NOT displaying the person details. This is a limitation of the skin as a decision of the designer of the skin, not a limitation of the MyFilms plugin. You would have to use other skins to get those details displayed - Default/Wide, aMPed, etc. (I use a BlackGlass mod) do support actor details - see screenshots in wiki as examples. If you want to use other skins, you might want to ask the skin creator if he/she'd be willing to add/update the sking to include the person details.

joEhSuper

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 2, 2011
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    I did a quick check with Titan (not using it myself) and can confirm, that the Titan skin is NOT displaying the person details.
    Thank you Guzzi for the qick and clear answer (y) and ... that's what I wanted to know and what I suspected :(

There I see movie-information in german but actors in english. Is there a way to get german details also for Actors?

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    There I see movie-information in german but actors in english. Is there a way to get german details also for Actors?
    Unfortunately, the sources that provide extensive person information don't deliver data in german language. Internally, TMDB and IMDB are checked, but both only deliver english bios. You can manually update person information via the context menu to use other sources, but currently, there is no other person grabber script included. If you would create a script for one of the sites providing german person details, you could at least manually update the most important persons this way. I played in the past with that (and created some scripts for testing), but finally realized, that there is only information for few persons available and the process of manually updating such information is too time intensive (and automatic updates using such grabbers only gets results for few people), so stayed personally with the automatic loading of that info is it is now. However, it is possible that way - and you might even "fool" the internal autoupdater by replacing the imdb-person script with one you created for a site providing german information.
    Edit: Just did a test, seems there is a bug in the manual person update via grabber script, didn't test this since ages - but obviously noone else was ever using it - however, replacing the imdb-person script should work, as mentioned above.

joEhSuper

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 2, 2011
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    If you would create a script for one of the sites providing german person details, you could at least manually update the most important persons this way.
    Well... this simply overburdens my Skills :oops:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom