[Remote] Add "Call MyMenu" to list of remote actions. (1 Viewer)

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 18, 2012
    New York
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Started on: 2013-06-07
    Last update: 2013-06-07

The MyMenu plugin is very useful, but its major flaw is that it can only be accessed by pressing Ctrl+L on the keyboard. It has no way of being activated by remote. The current workaround for this is to use an external program such as IRSS to detect a remote keypress and map it to the appropriate keystroke, but I think that a much more elegant solution would be for MediaPortal to have a built-in ability to call MyMenu through the remote.

In the "Remote" section of MediaPortal Configuration, it is possible to map any remote button to a long list of possible actions as shown here: http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_MEDIAPORTAL_1/20_Reference/Actions. Is it possible to add a "Call MyMenu" action to that list? Basically all it has to do is simulate the Ctrl+L keystroke and it should work, right?

For example, I would like to map my MCE remote Teletext button to launch MyMenu. In the remote buttons mapping configuration I would choose the Teletext button, then choose Layer: All and Condition: None. Then under the list of actions I'd choose Call Mymenu.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom