[Music] add categories view in music (1 Viewer)

edterbak

Portal Pro
March 4, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Hwahrmann,
Could you give me an update on the motivation thing? :) Just curious, no rush. So many other things to be done too, so I understand.

Greetz.

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    What i have ready so far is:

- New Music Database structure
    - Database Scan adapted for new Music structure
    - 75% of all methods, which update the database are finished
    - 10% of all methods, reading infos from database are finished
    - Configuration for definining new View Layout including filters

Started to work on MusicViewHandler, which is responsible to construct the qiery and present the results in the view.
    This is a bit tricky and i am lacking time for the moment.

edterbak

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Wow, that sounds good! :)

The filters sound like a very good addition!! If your talking about the function being something similar to how its done in moving pictures. I don't know the details of course, so I'm just guessing. But this should be very useful. Curious :)

Thank you for the update .. appreciated.

CypherMK

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Very nice improvement of the music section (once it is finished). Keep up the good work! @hwahrmann Happy to test when you're ready! :)

edterbak

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    @hwahrmann Hi,

I am wondering about the status of this started work.
    Reason for me to ask is, I found a bug in thumbs artist/album cover in shares view. As I use shares view only, I like this bug to be fixed. But if your are nearly done with this overhaul of music section, it might be senseless to put in the effort of fixing the bug.

Thanks

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Shares View Handling should have nothing to do with the rework, as it is only Database related.
    Let me know in a different threat or PM, what the problem is and we will document it and try to fix it.

As for the DB rework, i ran into some troubles when building the dynamkc queries.
    So i did some research, if it would be better to switch to a NoSQL database.
    I did some tests with RavenDB, which look promising. i am currently trying out how to build dynamic queries.
    This will gives us then the ability to have full text search capabilities on any field captured.

edterbak

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Shares View Handling should have nothing to do with the rework, as it is only Database related.
    Let me know in a different threat or PM, what the problem is and we will document it and try to fix it.
    Thanks. I think HomeY found the same issue as well. We'll get the reproduction details correct first befor pushing the report further. But reason for me to ask was if DB was improved like you intend to do, I am able to switch to that mode and not be bothered with the issue in the first place :) But its better to fix it anyway... looks bit more professional probably. :)

Thanks for the update in any case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom