Add internet stream as a channel to My TV (1 Viewer)

mowog

Portal Member
April 11, 2005
Melbourne, Australia
I've been watching some of the NASA TV stream on my laptop, and it dawned on me that I really should be able to watch this on my TV through MediaPortal.

Unfortunately, I discovered that while it's possible to add Internet Radio streams to My Radio, it's not possible to add an internet stream as a TV channel to My TV.

From looking at the configuration when adding a new channel, it seems like it would be a logical extension to be able to 'tune into' live internet streams (such as NASA TV) which surely can only become more common in the future.

BTW, I thought 'what the hell' and added the NASA TV stream to My Radio anyway (which supports Internet streams), and it sorta-kinda works. Instead of a Windows Media visualisation you actually do get the video stream, but it's displayed at the native stream resolution and can't be scaled to fit the TV screen. Besides, My Radio is just the wrong place to put an Internet TV stream. :) Plus, it'd be uber-cool to be able to schedule a stream recording when events happen in international timezones...

FlipGer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2004
    Leipzig, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

yeah that is on the ToDo. :)

As you allready tried, i would suggest to add the stream to My Radio. To get is fullscreen hit "X" and then try "S" for the different aspect ratios to zoom in.

HTH, Flip.

mowog

Portal Member
    April 11, 2005
    Melbourne, Australia
    FlipGer said:
    To get is fullscreen hit "X" and then try "S" for the different aspect ratios to zoom in.

The 'X' key switches the video between picture-in-picture mode on the My Radio menu and full screen, but the video is displayed at the native stream resolution, and is centred on my screen. In this case it's roughly 1/9th fullscreen size.

The aspect-ratio key ('S') doesn't do anything, either in full screen or PiP mode (although it does work properly in My TV).

Good to know this one is already on the ToDo :)

A

Alexono1

Where to find this part in the source?

Could one of the dev's tell me where to find this part in the source? I'd like to give it a try to get the full screen mode for internet tv working....

Zipperzip

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 25, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Look in the AudioPlayerWMP9.cs

then search for :

//m_player.fullScreen=true;

lose the //:

m_player.fullScreen=true;

and it goes fullscreen,only kind of buggy you can't use mp-keys i believe, haven't tryed it out that much. but hey you got fullscreen streams :p

kkendall

Portal Pro
    April 24, 2007
    Gouda
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    ...Plus, it'd be uber-cool to be able to schedule a stream recording when events happen in international timezones...

Damn, it would sure be! :) :) :)

If you install Mytrailers plugin http://nolanparty.com/mediaportal.sourceforge.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=10065 you will be able to see internet tv streams in fullscreen.

If you have direct links for internet tv stations, you can contribute to do a playlist database in this post: http://nolanparty.com/mediaportal.sourceforge.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=11730

Do you have working links for us? :)
    :D

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hehe... kkendall: You are finding every IPTV-thread in the forums.. no mater how old :D
    I too am looking forward to get IPTV support in MP (with EPG :)). The solution is probably in the TVEv3, not in these plugins, though...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom