[Finished] add new keyboard shortcuts (1 Viewer)

kilik360

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2010
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I would like to have more keyboard shortcuts to be able to map them with eventghost. I miss play, pause, stop, channel up and channel down to begin with. Is it something easy to implement ? Or even better, I would like a MP2 plugin for eventghost.

http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/2_MEDIAPORTAL_2/9_Reference/Keyboard_shortcuts

thanks guys !

Last edited:

MJGraf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 13, 2006
    Hi kilik360!
    First of all thanks for trying MP2 :)
    Unfortunately, we do not have a plugin for EventGhost, yet. I suppose that it would not be too much work to write such a plugin, but we are just not enough developers for MP2 to take care of that currently.
    There is also no possibility to add keyboard shortcuts without changing the sources.
    If I remember correctly, there was a discussion about extending our input system to make inter alia such things possible - but apparently no one has done that, yet.
    What we do support, however, is IRSS - the same one that is used for MP1. I haven't used EventGhost besides installing it and clicking a bit around to get a feeling on what it can do and what not. If it is possible to somehow connect EventGhost with IRSS in a way so that EventGhost receives the IR input and then passes that to IRSS so that an event is raised in IRSS which is then consumed by MP2, it may work. But as mentioned, I have not enough knowledge on IRSS and EventGhost to determine whether that is possible or not.
    Of course you can also use "only" IRSS with your remote, which should work in any case - but your question seems to me like you don't want that...
    Sorry that I can't be of any more help here - at least for now. I'm sure someone will write an EventGhost plugin for MP2. It may just take some more time... And I you happen to have some knowledge in C#, please go ahead and just do so :D
    Michael

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom