[Usability] - Add option not to autostart on Remote Desktop logins

Discussion in 'Improvement Suggestions' started by Requiem, December 23, 2013.

1. Requiem
    • Premium Supporter

Requiem MP Donator

Ratings:
    +173 / 2
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    Hi,

normally, my HTPC will start MP on startup as I've checked this in configuration.
    From time to time, I find a reason to do a RDP login to my HTPC which then leads to a non responding MP. No big issue in ending the task, but I always fear that a database might get corrupted, especially when I log into the machine remotely while my kids or wife are using MP and I do a forced quit.

Would the be an easy way to recognize a RDP login and not to start MP then?

Merry Christmas to all of you :)

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. regeszter
    • Team MediaPortal

regeszter Retired Team Member

Ratings:
    +5,151 / 18
    Home Country:
    Hungary Hungary
    As I remember the MP will autostart when the user who installed it login. Try to create an another user for remote desktop.

4. JimCatMP
    • Team MediaPortal

JimCatMP Documentation Group

Ratings:
    +281 / 1
    Home Country:
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Show System Specs
    Actually, if you MANAGE MePo via RDP, then you WILL get autostart set next time you log in, it matters not which account installed as.

To fix autostart, run msconfig and deselect mediaportal for th3e account you use for RDP - this can be via RDP session or console login.

Ideally I would like MePo not to start EVER in RDP [as I forget and end up locking RDP sessions, as closing MePo can be challenge in RDP:)

TTFN -JCMP.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!