MP2 - V2.4.1 Add version info to settings section (1 Viewer)

AdHu86

Portal Pro
January 14, 2022
Berlin
Home Country
England England
Can you not just add an option version in the general settings, so you can see the client version and the connected server version? This is mich more comfortable in the living room with remote. The splash screen is not visible to me, because the tv is adjusting the hdmi connection in that moment (black screen) and anyway the server connection is not visible there.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @AdHu86 I moved your post to an own thread to better distinguish topics.

I like the idea and the effort is rather small.
    @morpheus_xx @Brownard
    I can add the base structure structure. I think we need a CustomConfigSetting.
    But I would need your help in adding the version infos.
    For the client version I found infoText (used to show it in splash screen)
    For the server version I've not found a variable yet. The server version could be shown only, if isHomeServerConnected = true, otherwise "Not connected"

What do you think?

Last edited:

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I added a first version.

Known issues:
    • The visibility condition of the server text (isHomeServerConnected) does not work, though the correct model is used in the datacontext.
    • Though it's a dialog the background is black, maybe I assigned a wrong workflow-ID :whistle: I've just seen, that other CustomConfigSettings have one
    • And of course the version numbers are dummy yet, because I do not know what I can bind to
    connected.jpg

Last edited:

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The visibility condition of the server text (isHomeServerConnected) does not work, though the correct model is used in the datacontext.
    Though it's a dialog the background is black, maybe I assigned a wrong workflow-ID :whistle: I've just seen, that other CustomConfigSettings have one
    Both fixed, it just needed a DialogState instead of WorkflowState :)

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    We have these informations available, read from the executing assembly. For client it can be easily retrieved, for server we would need another UPnP server / client plugin to load it.

C#:
          // Assembly and build information
          FileVersionInfo fileVersionInfo = FileVersionInfo.GetVersionInfo(System.Reflection.Assembly.GetCallingAssembly().Location);
          logger.Info("ApplicationCore: Comments:         {0}", fileVersionInfo.Comments);
          logger.Info("ApplicationCore: Copyright:        {0}", fileVersionInfo.LegalCopyright);
          logger.Info("ApplicationCore: Version:          {0}", fileVersionInfo.FileVersion);
          logger.Info("ApplicationCore: Source:           {0}", fileVersionInfo.ProductVersion);
          logger.Info("ApplicationCore: Architecture:     {0}", IntPtr.Size > 4 ? "x64" : "x86");
    which reads in MP2-Client.log like:
    Code:
    [2022-07-30 11:53:47,437] [657    ] [Main     ] [INFO ] - ApplicationCore: Comments:         MediaPortal 2 GUI
    [2022-07-30 11:53:47,438] [657    ] [Main     ] [INFO ] - ApplicationCore: Copyright:        Copyright © Team MediaPortal 2007 - 2021
    [2022-07-30 11:53:47,438] [658    ] [Main     ] [INFO ] - ApplicationCore: Version:          2.3.2101.13503
    [2022-07-30 11:53:47,438] [658    ] [Main     ] [INFO ] - ApplicationCore: Source:           origin/WIP_2.4-d8fa66
    [2022-07-30 11:53:47,439] [659    ] [Main     ] [INFO ] - ApplicationCore: Architecture:     x64

Which one(s) you would like to show on GUI?

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Which one(s) you would like to show on GUI?
    The version. E.g. 2.3.2101.13503 for client. Basically same for server, I didn't expect another plugin is needed for this, I thought the server listener could receive this info as well.

PS: The current version is not correct, it shows 2.3.XXX for 2.4. I realized this also in MP2.4.1 branch ;)

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I just had another idea: the service monitor already shows all MP2 clients and server in one Window. We probably "just" need to extend the system identifier with version information... Will check...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom