Adding a new Menu entry (1 Viewer)

Ian

Portal Pro
April 23, 2009
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi all.
I updated my MP today and nearly everything works fine (horray)
The only thing i had to change was my skin.
I chose aMPed - and i really like it.
Now I need one thing: in my old skin i had added an option to my homesceen: a direkt link to a small Script that minimized MP and opened PowerDVD to watch Blu-Ray (klick here if you are interested.
On the old skin I had to edit the start screen so that i changed the Option "DVD" into "BluRay" and when i chose it, the script was opened.
Now I want to do the same with aMPed - but I have no idea where i should start.
I was thinking about implementing it into the "Videos" submenu, cause there exists an entry "DVD"
Can someone point me into the right direction?

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hi Ian: There is an request (Issue 430) in the tracker to add support for hyperlink pararmeters (set for v3.4) which might enable you to do that via aMPed's Basic Home Editor. However, in the meantime, you need to edit the BasicHome.xml. First, create a mod using the Basic Home Editor, if you haven't already. That way you can keep your mod even if you reinstall or install a new version of aMPed. Then:
    1. Go to MediaPortal\skin\aMPed\Layouts\BasicHome folder - where your Basic Home mods are stored and select the mod you created.
    2. Open Basichome.xml in any text editor (even Notepad) you prefer
    3. Navigate to the 'button' or item you wish to edit - e.g. you can search for 'dvd' to find the 'Play DVD' option
    4. Change it to the link the same way you did in your previous skin - If you give me more details on how/where you added it there, I can be more specific.
    I think you may also be able to use the MultiShortcut Plugin or even the Generic Keyboard/Remote Input Plugin or IRSS Translater, to map it to a button so you can run your script from anywhere, not only a home button.

Ian

Portal Pro
    April 23, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Adding a new Menu entry

Thanks for the info. I will try it this evening and scream for help afterwards ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom