Adding A Way To List Multiple Video Folders Under One Listing (1 Viewer)

puppetj

Portal Member
March 3, 2007
well i have two main issues, that need to get fixed before i can go ahead with the other issues now the crash which i posted in bug reports forums, WHICH IS A BIG PROBLEM! and the other is it only adds 15 films or tv shows, shares, or database views, so with all this things going wrong, i dont know how how hard thing can be to just add films or tv shows but wow it stupid. as for :

"uncheck the folder(s) that has your TV shows. I suspect these two items are the problem with the conflicts. (You could always delete movies.db3 to start from scratch, and not scan the TV Shows folder.)" [End Quote]

After i reinstalled before the cfg crashed b/c folder bug, i didnt even add the tv show folders this time, and now i have movie conflicts :mad:

milhouse

Portal Pro
November 9, 2006
Raleigh, NC U.S.
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Look, we can't help you if you don't tell us anything! I am trying my damndest, but have no idea of what the problems you are having because you won't give details. WHAT HAVE YOU TRIED? I have given you many suggestions about, but all you keep saying is "it doesn't work, it doesn't work". When I give stepwise instructions, I want to recite them them back and say "when I did ______, I saw ______. Then I did ______ and got the message ______".

Now, do a full UNINSTALL, delete the media portal folder, then reinstall MP 0.2.3. THEN see if config crashes. If not, then add your shares. Does config crash yet? If not, THEN try the database scan of the movie folders only. Do you still get conflicts? Try telling us what the damned error message says.

I am a very patient man, but honestly, I can't fix it for you. You have to help.

puppetj

Portal Member
March 3, 2007
well cfg never crashes before shares added, and after shares are added that i'am finding out, btw i just testing to..and i guess you dont understand my answers iam giving you, so i hope this time u do... like i said i still get conflicts of movie only scan...what error, that conflicts?? if so its telling me it there are conflicts over a dozens of films, it cant the get database info, i get the imdb database conflicts the cfg

Darre

Portal Pro
April 21, 2007
Home Country
Norway Norway
If he uses vista he has to delete the programdata dir as well.

darre-
tried junction magic, but i dont see how to send 2 junctions to the same destination, it only lets you use an empty folder, and once you create one junction it then thinks that folder isnt empty anymore. are you putting a new folder inside of another to accomplish this?Please explain further.
thanks

Sorry didnt see your question before now..

What ive done is that i have a structure that is like this:
c:\movies
d:\movies
e:\movies

Now in those folders i have genres
c:\movies\genre1
c:\movies\genre2

d:\movies\genre3
d:\movies\genre4

e:\movies\genre5
e:\movies\genre6

What I did now was to add junction folders in d:\movies so that I got:

d:\movies\genre1 [junction]
d:\movies\genre2 [junction]
d:\movies\genre3 [actual folder]
d:\movies\genre4 [actual folder]
d:\movies\genre5 [junction]
d:\movies\genre6 [junction]

Then in MP config I added "d:\movies" in movie shares and voila, you got yourself movies from 3 disks appearing as if they where all in one.

dwoodzz

Portal Pro
May 2, 2007
Home Country
If he uses vista he has to delete the programdata dir as well.

darre-
tried junction magic, but i dont see how to send 2 junctions to the same destination, it only lets you use an empty folder, and once you create one junction it then thinks that folder isnt empty anymore. are you putting a new folder inside of another to accomplish this?Please explain further.
thanks

Sorry didnt see your question before now..

What ive done is that i have a structure that is like this:
c:\movies
d:\movies
e:\movies

Now in those folders i have genres
c:\movies\genre1
c:\movies\genre2

d:\movies\genre3
d:\movies\genre4

e:\movies\genre5
e:\movies\genre6

What I did now was to add junction folders in d:\movies so that I got:

d:\movies\genre1 [junction]
d:\movies\genre2 [junction]
d:\movies\genre3 [actual folder]
d:\movies\genre4 [actual folder]
d:\movies\genre5 [junction]
d:\movies\genre6 [junction]

Then in MP config I added "d:\movies" in movie shares and voila, you got yourself movies from 3 disks appearing as if they where all in one.
Still dont get it :mad: It wont let me do it with files being in the folder, and if I create a junction with a empty folder and then try to put things in it after I create the junction it wants to put the files on the host drive?
I have the same setup pretty much:
D:\Movies
E:\New Movies
F:\Movies
But what ive done is create a new junction from E:\movies in D:\Movies called ZMovies
and did the same for F:\Movies
So,one folder but you have to drill down into the other two folders from there...is that how it is for you. Because thats not really what I want, I just want all movies to show without being in folders.

Darre

Portal Pro
April 21, 2007
Home Country
Norway Norway
If you don't use genre folders, you have to create a junction for each of the movie folders(Which is no option for me as I got hundreds).

If you just have a bunch of .avi files in 3 different folders, you might want to check out Hard Links. There probably is programs that you can use to do this in a GUI, but if you have a lot of files it would take some time.

dwoodzz

Portal Pro
May 2, 2007
Home Country
yea-I know about hard links, too much trouble for the amount of files I have.
this will work for now.
thanks Darre

puppetj

Portal Member
March 3, 2007
Did you completely uninstall MP, delete the MP directory, and do a clean install like I just told you?

Yes, i thought i said this many times, clean uninstall deleted folder, deleted reg entries

Hey, hey!! Guess WHAT!? :confused: I have a new Fing!!! problem now , ahahaahaahhahaahahahahahhaah :D

Sorry not mad at you..... Now its removing some my shares that i add for no fing reason!!!! it they have no special thing about them so i dont know what the is going on...sorry cant be more help, ..sigh ask what u need...

PS - well i was try to get the cfg crash bug fixed on my own, i noticed that it was crashing b/c the "visual name" i had where comedy, comedy, comedy... or action, action, etc... nm mind why i have it that way , anyway..so i changed themm to 1, 2, 3, 4 ..etc... no repeats...and it doesnt seems to crash.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom