Adding an entry to F9 or hidden menu? (1 Viewer)

Heimkinofan

Portal Member
March 2, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hello Everyone,

I've been searching the wiki and this forum quite a while by now - without success.

What I try to do:

• Add one action to the context (F9) menu on files such as a video-file, sound-file, ...
    I read that this won't be possible. If this is true - lets continue with the next one.
    If it's possible: how would I do?
  • Add one action to the "hidden menu" - I read this is done by SubCentral and Trakt, but
    those plugins are far too complex (for me) to quickly find the relevant lines of code.
    (I've been reading that code for a while already, but wasn't succesful).

The aim is, to send a "filename" to the plugin, so it can "remember it" and later do something with it.
In general this action should become available on all "files" (so: no folders, no "virtual playlists"...).

I'd prefer possibilties that do NOT require skin-changes to the default-skins - if that is possible.

Please help me - I'm sure someone out there can quickly point me in the right direction.

Thanks a lot,
Heimkinofan

Albert

MP2 Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 18, 2008
    Freiburg im Breisgau, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Adding an entry to F9 or hidden menu?

You are in a MediaPortal 2 forum here. If you're really referring to MediaPortal 2, you can take a look at the SkinHelper plugin which is located in Resources\HelperPlugins\SkinHelper. That plugin registers global hotkeys and assigns actions to them.

Heimkinofan

Portal Member
    March 2, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    .... oh shoot. That was not my purpose. I'm talking about a Mediaportal 1 - Plugin.

Can someone move this Thread? ... not sure if I can do so.

---------------- UPDATE --------------------
    Usually I received help quickly - I am kinda surprised noone is answering this time.

Was my problem description unclear?
    Or is it really not that easy so no one knows?

-----------------------------------------------

Heimkinofan

Portal Member
    March 2, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Adding an entry to F9 or hidden menu?

I think this post is stuck, because it's still at the wrong place.

Can someone move it to:
    MediaPortal Forum -> Development -> General Development (no feature request here!)

That would be great!

Thanks a lot!
    Heimkinofan

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom