Adding DVDs to the Database (1 Viewer)

js2045

July 21, 2006
Is there a way that one can update the videos database with offline DVDs where the user can select a DVD from the database and the program prompt the user to insert the DVD if it is not already in the machine? I would like to keep both my offline and online movies all within the same My Movies heading.

zombiepig

Portal Pro
March 21, 2005
Melb, Aus
Home Country
sure can!! there's two ways of doing this:

1. while running mp, insert the dvd. in my videos, switch to 'shares' view. find your dvd drive, then click 'f3' on it. mp will then search for your dvd and give you to option of entering a name manually or selecting from a list. this will add your dvd to the database as an offline movie.

2. this is easier if your adding lots of dvds - go to the config app, under movies -> movie database -> editor tab. change title to 'new..', then enter your movie name. hit lookup, and select the movie from the list. this way you don't actually have to put the dvd in your drive, so it saves a lot of time :)

hope that helps!

js2045

July 21, 2006
Thanks for the feedback... I gave that a shot but I am not getting the insert DVD message. Instead I am getting a windows message asking me if I want media player to play the file. When I get home later on I am going to try to change the path in the file tab within the editor and see if that works.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom