[Videos] Adding madVR support (1 Viewer)

ced007

Portal Pro
July 7, 2008
Haute-Savoie
Home Country
France France
Hi,
I'm also a fan of MadVr, and of MePo of course :).
It would be great to have MadVr integrated in MePo but I understand that it's technically not possible.
On my side, I am using MadVr via MPC-HC as external player of MePo. It's true that I loose some integration doing this but I'm able to do the minimum: correctly change framerate before and after, start in fullscreen, start at the last point I stopped before and subtitles are working fine.
The advantage is the real quality of MadVr.
I use: Mpc-hc + LavSplitter + ffdshow + MadVr (+ eventghost to really do what I want with the remote).
If you have any questions on the configuration I would be happy to answer.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Well, there is one big issue with madVR - missing HW deinterlacing - too bad for HTPC.

It is not an issue with Nvidia HW at least. By using LAV CUVID video decoder you are able to use HW deinterlace with MadVR. LAV CUVID is not an DVXA decoder (which wont work with MadVR) but instead a CUDA extension based decoder.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    It is not an issue with Nvidia HW at least. By using LAV CUVID video decoder you are able to use HW deinterlace with MadVR. LAV CUVID is not an DVXA decoder (which wont work with MadVR) but instead a CUDA extension based decoder.

Actually tried above combination, and just could not get smooth playback, in fact it was the worst i have ever seen, just immediately uninstalled, so not sure whether it was in anyway related to MP player or not, or some other setting, audio was LAV filter which currently supports all the file formats I have access to.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005

Actually tried above combination, and just could not get smooth playback, in fact it was the worst i have ever seen, just immediately uninstalled, so not sure whether it was in anyway related to MP player or not, or some other setting, audio was LAV filter which currently supports all the file formats I have access to.

Getting completely off topic but... GT220 works here on the dev PC without any issues with the LAV CUVID decoder. For H264, VC1 or MPEG2 content.

sunfire7

Portal Pro
    March 24, 2011
    Home Country
    Mexico Mexico
    I own a cheap GT220 card and it handles CoreAVC CUDA/LAV CUVID + Reclock + MadVR just fine, smooth playback and best quality, I hate the EVR render of MePo because it gives me incorrect black levels, but I dont want to leave MePo because its awesome features. Madshi (the dev of MadVR) is very kind and Im sure would help you in the process of adding support for MadVR just as he did with other devs

madshi

Portal Member
    August 13, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    * added APIs for media player devs to draw their OSDs/GUIs in exclusive mode
    * added API for media player devs to disable the madVR seekbar

Those wont help. MP needs to be able to access that video texture directly.

Hello everyone.

I won't open source madVR. But I'm willing to add custom interfaces, if they're needed to make it work with MediaPortal. FWIW, one of the features added recently was an interface which allows you to install a callback which is called once for every rendered video frame. Maybe that already helps? If not, but if you're interested in adding madVR support, let's discuss what you need exactly, and I'll add it (if reasonable and technically possible).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom