• May 12, 2011
    Slaithwaite
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Following properties would be very useful in my skin design:

#posX The X position of the currently focused control
    #posY The Y position of the currently focused control
    Including items within listcontrol and thumbnail panel

Why : the ability to show balloon tips/prompts depending on which control or list item or thumbnail panel item. Currently not possible using control.hasfocus() or #selecteditem or #selectedindex as these don't report the screen position of the active item within a list or panel

What for : balloon tips next to selected items within a list, selected items within a thumbnail panel, etc or for conditional visibility depending on where the cursor is on the screen

next idea:
    #inkey The key number of the last pressed key

Why : Allows controls to behave conditionally based on key press
    What for : pop-up dialogs, conditional jumping etc

eg:

<control>
    <id>10</id>
    <description>dummy</description>
    <onfocus>#(skin.setfocus(35,#(switch(
    eq(string.equals(#inkey,'159'),'true'),
    eq(string.equals(#inkey,'160'),'true'),
    eq(1,1),
    10))))
    </onfocus>

The idea in the example being that when control(10) gets focus it waits until key 159 or key 160 is pressed and jumps to control 50 or 60 accordingly, otherwise it loops back to itself. I am unsure of the logic expression I have used here as it is quite heavily nested, but hopefully it depicts what I am aiming for.

all the best to you all
    RH

Rob Hexenmeister

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 12, 2011
    Slaithwaite
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Thumbnail, Cover, Facade have this properties: MediaPortal/MediaPortal-1

Hi AJS,

I'm not meaning the xpos or ypos relative to the item, I mean the absolute position relative to the screen 0x0, so if you mean thumbPosX/thumbPosY then you may have misunderstood me, unless there's another property I am not aware of.

It definitely doesn't exist for Listcontrol does it.

Best
    RH

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Great work and release!! Contrats to all involved developers :):D I installed MP1 initially, but didn’t get along with it. Many things were not intuitive, too frumpy and the gui had hardcoded dependencies to plug-ins, some buttons didn’t work even without a note due to that. Same for player controls, why do I see always play and pause...
    Great work and release!! Contrats to all involved developers :):D I installed MP1 initially, but didn’t get along with it. Many...
    We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.4 MediaPortal 2.4 is a full-blown media center software that addresses most common user...
    Replies
    Views
    MPExtended (Mobil access) for MP2 only for TV access It's available and properly working since beginning of this year... I've used it until I switched over from DVB-S to SAT>IP in Spring 2018 where such things are no longer necessary at all.
    MPExtended (Mobil access) for MP2 only for TV access It's available and properly working since beginning of this year... I've used...
    We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.2 Final Since the recent release of MediaPortal 2.2pre, we fixed some minor things. We now...
    Replies
    Views
    Good work guys!
    Good work guys!
    We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.2.1 After the release of MediaPortal 2.2 Final the team focussed on improving usability and...
    Replies
    Views
    We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.2 Pre-Release It has been some time since last release, but we were intensively working on the implementation of new features and some fundamental changes in the core of MediaPortal 2. As a result, we proudly present the next major release of MediaPortal 2 in version 2.2. MediaPortal 2.2 is a...
    We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.2 Pre-Release It has been some time since last release, but we were intensively working on...
    We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.2 Pre-Release It has been some time since last release, but we were intensively working on...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 Manual DE
    Overview BlueVision is the new default skin of Media Portal 2 since Spring'16 Release. A lot of skins are full of information disturbing the visual appearance and overloading the user in the end. Target of BlueVision is to offer a clean and lean surface with the important information in focus, without missing anything. Following...
    Overview BlueVision is the new default skin of Media Portal 2 since Spring'16 Release. A lot of skins are full of information...
    Overview BlueVision is the new default skin of Media Portal 2 since Spring'16 Release. A lot of skins are full of information...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom