Additional settings for recording a "series" (1 Viewer)

compunerd632

December 7, 2004
I am currently a SagTV user, but would really like to switch to MP because it does a lot of things much better. The main reason I haven't switched yet is because of the lack of a few settings for recording a "series".

I think this has been mentioned before, but the ability to chose to record only first runs, only reruns, or both would be quite useful. In addition, a SageTV feature I have really liked is that you can tell it to only keep a certain number of episodes. This way I can have it record Seinfeld reruns and just keep 5 on hand. It deletes the oldest one when the next one comes on. This is useful because I'm not interested in collecting every episode of Seinfeld, I just want a few on hand to watch whenever I want.

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    Hi there, the series management is built into the latest beta version of MP (.2 rc1) and also the last few weeks of CVS updates for .1.3 for those who are not too adventurous.
    This gives you the option of keeping anywhere from 1 to 39 episodes in the series.

Still no sign of ignoring repeats, but I'm sure that will come eventually.

compunerd632

December 7, 2004
    Great! I was playing with 0.1.3.0 because I wanted to wait for the final version of 0.2, but now I might have to try out the beta.

In looking through the forum for information about the first run/rerun feature I saw some posts mentioning not knowing how to determine if an episode is a rerun or not. I'm not sure if you guys knew this, but SageTV gets its guide info from Zap2it, so at least for the US there is some kind of indicator in the info about the rerun status, it's just a matter of figuring out how they do it.

Keep up the great work guys!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom