[Pending] - Addtional DVB languages

Discussion in 'Submit: code patches (MediaPortal/TV-Server/etc.)' started by AlexPlas, November 13, 2013.

1. AlexPlas

AlexPlas Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +40 / 0
    Home Country:
    Ukraine Ukraine
    Hello

Here is a patch which adds few language codes to languages list which is used in TV configuration.

I've found these pseudo-languages on few channels. On the channel "MyZenTV" which specializes on landscapes, there are 4 audio "languages", first one which marked as NAT is sounds of the nature, second (MUS) is instrumental music, next are English and French comments. I'd like to make MP always select sounds of nature but it is impossible since in the list of DVB languages are no NAT nor MUS language codes. Even if I add one of these codes manually in the appropriate sting in MediaPortal.xml file, after next start of MediaPortal Configuration my change is discarded. One more code is UNK - unknown language which I've found on few, mostly musical, channels.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Vasilich
    • Team MediaPortal

Vasilich Test Group

Developer
    Ratings:
    +1,173 / 2
    Home Country:
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    Show System Specs
    afaik this part acc. to DVB specs uses ISO-639-2 language set. and there are none of those "nat" or "mus" as language codes specified in standard (http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-2/ISO-639-2_utf-8.txt). for unknown there is "und", for "undetermined";
    so maybe it is reasonable to ask provider to hold on DVB/ISO specs ?

actually most fitting language code for this may be "zxx":

4. AlexPlas

AlexPlas Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +40 / 0
    Home Country:
    Ukraine Ukraine
    Asking provider to hold specification it's the best solution in a perfect world, but our world is unfortunately not perfect.

I pretty sure, my provider just re-translate the channel from a satellite, so all these language codes are broadcasted by channel's creators. The language code UNK is not so important because usually it is only one language for musical channel. I've rechecked and UNK is used by MTV and VH-1 channels.

In current sources are used two language codes (scc and scr) which is not listed in ISO-639-2.

5. Vasilich
    • Team MediaPortal

Vasilich Test Group

Developer
    Ratings:
    +1,173 / 2
    Home Country:
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    Show System Specs
    yes, these are marked as deprecated and can be removed.
    and IIRC 2 other exceptions (B-Codes) are not in our list.
    So actually i have nothing against including those non-standard codes. The only thing is - maybe we should extract those non-standards in extra function, so the code will be more understandable for later checks...

6. mm1352000
    • Team MediaPortal

mm1352000 Development Group

Ratings:
    +8,205 / 17
    Home Country:
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Sorry, I do. As with the EPG grabber...

7. mm1352000
    • Team MediaPortal

mm1352000 Development Group

Ratings:
    +8,205 / 17
    Home Country:
    New Zealand New Zealand
    It seems "mus" is a valid language code.
    http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-2/php/English_list.php

"unk" is injected by TsWriter/TsReader when the language is not specified at all. I think it should not be included.

I note: DVB specifies the meaning of QAA in EN 400 368 annex F as "original language". This is missing from the list.

• Like Like x 3
  8. AlexPlas

AlexPlas Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +40 / 0
    Home Country:
    Ukraine Ukraine
    I understand that offered solution is quick and dirty and may affect some other parts of engine. Another solution is to preserve somehow values manually added to list of languages in the configuration file.

BTW if the UNK lang code is added by TsReader and is non standard, may be it is better to change it to UND code which is standard?

9. Holzi
    • Team MediaPortal

Holzi Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,228 / 8
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    There was a problem in TSReader which is fixed for MP 1.6: https://issues.team-mediaportal.com/browse/MP1-4137
    Issue with UNK and AC3 streams as far as I understand.

10. AlexPlas

AlexPlas Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +40 / 0
    Home Country:
    Ukraine Ukraine
    Some channels have only one audio stream without language code, I have recorded TS files and checked with VLC player. In this case MP reports this stream as UNK.

11. AlexPlas

AlexPlas Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +40 / 0
    Home Country:
    Ukraine Ukraine
    BTW, I have found one channel on which TsReader reports invalid AC-3 audio streams in addition to valid MP1 streams. In other words the channel has 2 MP1 streams (Engish and Russian) when TsReader shows 2 MP1 and 2 AC-3 streams. There is no sound on AC-3 streams. I have TS file. Where is better to report this bug?

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!