ADS Tech Instant TV DVB-T Dual Cardbus (PTV-331-EF) (1 Viewer)

Fabriel

June 18, 2006
Paris - France
Hello,

Here is my entire config (laptop) :
CPU AMD Athlon 64 3200+
Memory 1 Go
HDD 80 Go
Graphic card : ATI Radeon Mobile 9700
TV card : ADS Tech Instant TV Analog/DVB-T "Dual Cardbus"
Windows XP SP2, .net Framework 2 and DirectX 9.0c

Problem : I have "No TV cards detected" error message in setup (configuration.exe) each time
I try to configure it and this, with the latest MP 0.2 RC4 SVN.
I have read that this card is natively supported by MP so, I don't understand why this error appears.

My TV card works fine with Ulead InstaMedia 2.1 provided by ADS Tech and "special DVB" patch has been installed on XP SP2.

It seems nobody got this card on french forum so, if someone has this card in this forum, please, help...

sunsetraving

Portal Member
March 1, 2006
Hi there,

I hve The ADS Card without analoge input, only DVB-T. but i think it is the same chipset. So try the latest driver and if you don´t use the analog TV, Try the driver for only DVB-T.

ripuli

April 8, 2008
I had exactly the same problem with ADS Tech Dual TV Cardbus (PTV-331):
ADS Tech

The following solution worked for me finally:

Editing the C:\..\MediaPortal\CaptureCardDefinitions.xml file from

<capturecard commercialname="ADS-Tech Instant Dual TV DVB-T CardBus" capturename="713x BDA Digital Capture" devid="ven_1131&amp;dev_7133&amp;subsys_14210331&amp;rev_f0">

to

<capturecard commercialname="ADS-Tech Instant Dual TV DVB-T CardBus" capturename="713x BDA Digital Capture" devid="ven_1131&amp;dev_7133&amp;subsys_14210331&amp;rev_d0">

(Notice the change from "rev_f0" to "rev_d0" at the end of devid.)

Afterwards the device was recognized instantly in MediaPortal Configuration when selecting Television/Capture Cards.

I found the correct devid in windows hardware manager (not sure about the correct english names) window when selecting "audio, video, game controller" - "PTV-331" - Properties - Details - "device identification". The full value has been "PCI\VEN_1131&DEV_7133&SUBSYS_14210331&REV_D0\5&191DF03B&0&0020A4" where the part between the slashes was not exactly matching with the CaptureCardDefinitions.xml entry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom