Advice re XBMC plugin - watched/resmue recording status (1 Viewer)

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    MediaPortal stores the resume data to My Videos database instead of using the TV server's database as long as I remember - so there is no support on TVE3 itself for the resume.

Hi Tourettes, thanks for reply, there does seem to be support I just did a test.

Played tv recording from recorded tv section of MePo network client in my bedroom and stopped playing recording at 15:07
    Went over to my standalone tvserver+client in the lounge, and started playing the same recording, it asked me if I wanted to resume from 15:07

It seems strange that this information would be stored in my videos because my videos is not a centralized database so shouldn't support resume from same point on multiple clients.

Kiwi

Last edited:

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    MediaPortal stores the resume data to My Videos database instead of using the TV server's database as long as I remember - so there is no support on TVE3 itself for the resume.

Hi Tourettes, thanks for reply, there does seem to be support I just did a test.

Played tv recording from recorded tv section of MePo network client in my bedroom and stopped playing recording at 15:07
    Went over to my standalone tvserver+client in the lounge, and started playing the same recording, it asked me if I wanted to resume from 15:07

It seems strange that this information would be stored in my videos because my videos is not a centralized database so shouldn't support resume from same point on multiple clients.

Sounds like it has been reworked at some point - in the early days it was in My Movies DB, but as I dont use multiseat maybe it has changed behind the scenes :)

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Quite counter-intuitively, this is stored in Recording.StopTime (stopTime database column iirc).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom