after windows install and restoring MP ProgramData folder, MovingPic. won't load. (1 Viewer)

hunted22

Portal Member
August 5, 2010
Hello everyone..

I had to reinstall windows so backed up my MP ProgramData folder, then reinstalled windows and MP (both same version) then installed missing plugins and overwrote the MP Program data folder with my backup folder. But when I start Moving Pictures configuration, or when I try to run the plugin from MP, it start to load until it says "Updating categories menu" and it just stuck. I tried reinstallation and a different versions and it's the same.

Anyone have any idea how to fix this?
I just want to keep my moving picture's database and thumbs and fan art. the rest I can restore one by one np.

thanks in advance

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    So no hardware got changed? No new HDD with a different serial number as what MovPic stored? All the import paths exactly the same?

hunted22

Portal Member
    August 5, 2010
    So no hardware got changed? No new HDD with a different serial number as what MovPic stored? All the import paths exactly the same?
    Everything exactly the same except maybe moving pictures version which I wasn't able to back up and I forgot to write down the version number. It might also be the same though.
    I think the problem might be that I added more categories other than the defaults ones like "movies over 2hrs", "unwatched action, drama" and so on. but I dont even know how to restore defaults since the plugin configuration won't even load

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom