Album Art options - Please help (1 Viewer)

audioqueso

Portal Member
July 5, 2009
Ahhhhh, thank you! Now I get what you're saying. It works... but in a certain configuration only.
So I setup Music Views like this:
Genre View (most important to me)
genre
albumartist
album

If I do genre/album and exclude "artist" and "albumartist" it shows the albums everytime for every artist. So if one album has 10 different artist, it would show the album 10 times. But sub-sorting with albumartist works perfect.

While I'm trying to figure this out, could you tell me if there is a way to automatically start playing the album once selected? Meaning, if I select an album it doesn't start to play... until I select a track. Is there a way to play as soon as I select an album?

audioqueso

Portal Member
July 5, 2009
Right, I know I can press play, but it's like double work. If I choose an album, it means I selected what I wanted. The same with a playlist. If I have a playlist for an album, I select the playlist and it plays. I don't have to press play for something that I already choose. That's why I'm asking if there a way that you know to just play automatically as soon as an album is selected?

audioqueso

Portal Member
July 5, 2009
No, what I mean is like this...
Take a real CD player... pick a CD that you want. You open the tray and put it inside. As soon as you put it inside, it plays automatically right? Right. Why would I need to press "play" again... if I already choose what I want to listen to? That's what I'm trying to do.

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Sorry, not sure I follow. Let me explain my steps:
    When I see my list of albums, I can do two things.
    1. Select album with PLAY button and it start to play immediately the whole album
    OR
    2. Select album with OK/ENTER button to go into the album and select a specific track to play

If you do as in point 1 above, I see no double action?

Or do I totally misunderstand your question?

audioqueso

Portal Member
    July 5, 2009
    Sorry, not sure I follow. Let me explain my steps:
    When I see my list of albums, I can do two things.
    1. Select album with PLAY button and it start to play immediately the whole album
    OR
    2. Select album with OK/ENTER button to go into the album and select a specific track to play

If you do as in point 1 above, I see no double action?

Or do I totally misunderstand your question?

Ahhhhhhhh... no, you didn't misunderstand, but I didn't know about option 1 being different from option 2. I thought hwahrmann meant to press play while on the album (meaning already inside the album). I did not know that just highlighting an album and pressing P will start playing that. This is exactly what I was looking to do.
    I didn't even know that if I press P while on an artist folder who has multiple albums, that it will start to play all of them. Now I understand. That's a really neat feature. Thank you very much guys!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom