Albums missing in Album Artists (Index) view (1 Viewer)

Tim Whittington

Portal Member
May 19, 2012
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
I've discovered a handful (haven't manually checked all 600+) of albums are not being displayed in Album Artists (Index) view in MePo 1.4 and MePo 1.7.

To be specific: when entering Album Artists (Index) view, the first letter of the album artist is shown. Selecting one of these letters (should) show all albums where the album artist starts with that letter. I do have the strip artist prefix on.

In my case I have a bunch of Smashing Pumpkins albums which have (for unknown reasons, probably related to freedb):

ARTIST: The Smashing Pumpkins
ALBUM ARTIST: Smashing Pumpkins

None of the (4) albums with this set of attributes is displayed in either Album Artists view or Album Artists (Index) view (after selecting S).

The albums are in the music database, and are displayed in Albums view, and "Smashing Pumpkins, The" is in the list if I clone the Album Artists view to use the artist field instead of albumartist.

The obvious thing to try will be to re-tag these files to make ARTIST and ALBUM ARTIST the same, but am I missing something else here about how MePo should be/is working or is this a bug?

Tim Whittington

Portal Member
May 19, 2012
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Syncing the ARTIST and ALBUM ARTIST fields (+ a rescan) did indeed fix this.

Having a peek in the SQLite database, it appears all the tracks were being imported, but there were no entries in the albumartist table for either Smashing Pumpkins or The Smashing Pumpkins, so something got confused along the way.

This is obviously not a problem when the ALBUM ARTIST is substantially different to the ARTIST (I have plenty of albums like this that show up).

There's another possibility that this was a strange tag set that confused the importer (from memory the Smashing Pumpkins albums were ripped with ID3v1 + ID3v2 + APE tag combos, and editing them in iTunes might have just sorted out some funkiness in the tags).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom