Allow remote control mapping of all plugins (1 Viewer)

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Sweden Sweden
    Country flag
    Instead of having to go back to the Basic Home when you listen to music and want to watch a TV-Series episode, why not allow users to map their favourite plugins to buttons on their remote?

Example:

I play a track from Music. To get to the TV Show I want to see, I have to press the Home button, then browse the menu to the plugin, click OK. Now I'm in the TV Series plugin. To get back to where I was, I will have to click "Back" 2 times.

If I could have it mapped to a remote button, I would just click once on it to get there. Clicking the "Back" button would take me right back.

Emph

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

OP Similar threads Forum Replies Date
    N [Finished] [MP2-806] Playing a recorded radio program does not show screen to allow skipping forward, etc MediaPortal 2 141
    R MediaPortal will not allow windows shortcut keys to work OffTopic 0
    P Mediaportal does not allow my TV tuner to enter low power state General Support 1
    B [MP2-745] Allow direct navigation to specified media item/filter Archive 7
    breese Forum Ad blocking screen and will not allow access to upper Post New Thread Website/Forum/Wiki Feedback 4
    henrysinn Remote - W10 Gyro by Pepper Jobs General 0
    G Remote control suggestions? MediaPortal 1 Talk 14
    bigboss97 Does anyone has a SoundGraph imon remote file for MP2 to share? General 0
    F MCE Remote has no focus General 6
    TLD Can not watch tv from remote clients Television (MyTV frontend and TV-Server) 19
    R Problems accessing MySQL database remotely MediaPortal 1 Talk 0
    D Full fuctional htpc - Silverstone Case - Digital Devices Cine S2 - SSD - IR Remote For Sale 1
    N Play a TV recording needs a double selection - twice ok on remote Television (MyTV frontend and TV-Server) 2
    S Remote button to change audio and subtitle on / off General 10
    S Problem with Remote Control One-for-all Streamer Newcomers Forum 6
    brena MCE Remote Disable Volume Mapping Input / Output interfaces 0
    T How to add missing buttons IR Server Suite (IRSS) 0
    P MP2 TV Server crashes when starting - throws error remoting exception General 2
    R Problem with MP1 and WifiRemote Skins and Plugins Installer (MPEI) 8
    A FB funktioniert plötzlich nicht mehr korrekt Allgemeines Supportforum 0
    A Let TV Server sleep whilst remote client active General Support 0
    B TV Remote Watch / Listen Media 0
    B iPhone app for MCE remote General Support 2
    T Can Emprex 3009ARF III MCE Remote Control be used to toggle Fullscreen/Windowed mode?? Remotes 7
    G [solved] Mini EPG purpose? General 2