[solved] Alright, I need help with BD ISO's (1 Viewer)

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    As ShadowB123 and joecrow have experienced: the JDK seems to be needed, at least initially.
    i try it on my system before make this wiki page, and the 32bit JRE was only needed.
    but ShadowB123 and joecrow seems install the 64bit.
    on my test the version was the 8u151, maybe new version was buggy too.
    i will test the new one on my system but as update on previous setup.

Edit ;t
    and the JAVA_HOME don't need to be set, for me it worked out of box

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    i try it on my system before make this wiki page, and the 32bit JRE was only needed.
    Are you using standard MP or latest libbluray etc.?
    AFAIK there were changes related to JRE/JDK detection on Windows since MP's version of libbluray, so that could explain your result.

but ShadowB123 and joecrow seems install the 64bit.
    Mmmm, I don't know about this.
    @ShadowB123 @joecrow
    Can you confirm which version - 32 or 64 bit - of the JRE you installed?

and the JAVA_HOME don't need to be set, for me it worked out of box
    Yeah, AFAIK that's for selecting a specific JDK/JRE and/or development/debugging.

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Can you confirm which version - 32 or 64 bit - of the JRE you installed?
    Definitely the 32 bit 161 latest version for me (installs in the Program Files x86 folder), although Windows is x64.
    @azzuro the link you provided in the Wikki for older versions requires a login before downloading, huge questionaire to get an account. The SDK (and older versions, I think) I downloaded came from somewhere in Oracle that did not require a login, I'll try and find it again and pass it on.

BTW It looks like the BD-J has a problem with 3D BDs, on a PC without a 3D monitor if I select Menu I get a screen saying it can't play without 3D hardware, which seems reasonable but using the same .iso on a PC with 3D after selecting Menu nothing happens, no playback. Tried several episodes of The 3D version of The Hobbit but all with the same results, with 3D Pacific Rim MP crashes.o_O

Last edited:

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @azzuro The SDK I downloaded was the current one, version 8 update 161 which is freely available but for anything older it seems you need an account with Oracle and login before a download is allowed.:( It looks like some older versions maybe freely available from non-Oracle websites but I would be reluctant to use them.

Last edited:

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    @azzuro The SDK I downloaded was the current one, version 8 update 161 which is freely available but for anything older it seems you need an account with Oracle and login before a download is allowed.:( It looks like some older versions maybe freely available from non-Oracle websites but I would be reluctant to use them.
    do you have defined JAVA_HOME ?

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    do you have defined JAVA_HOME ?
    Yes on my Desktop PC (v465 from the Madvr Support thread), I edited it to reflect the JRE after removing the SDK but following your earlier comment I have now deleted it and BD-J is still OK.:confused: All a bit strange, on my HTPC which is 1.18 final, I have had even more trouble with it as I can not get in working at all with Madvr although it seems fine with EVR selected. That makes it dificult to test with 3D BDs, so please ignore my earlier comments on that as it seems to be a different problem that is also effecting 2D BD's. I think I will wait for 1.19 final before worrying about it further.

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    Yes on my Desktop PC (v465 from the Madvr Support thread), I edited it to reflect the JRE after removing the SDK but following your earlier comment I have now deleted it and BD-J is still OK.:confused: All a bit strange, on my HTPC which is 1.18 final, I have had even more trouble with it as I can not get in working at all with Madvr although it seems fine with EVR selected. That makes it dificult to test with 3D BDs, so please ignore my earlier comments on that as it seems to be a different problem that is also effecting 2D BD's. I think I will wait for 1.19 final before worrying about it further.
    if you define java_home on your system, libbluray will use it.
    by default libbluray use Java reference ( when java_home is not present) ( at least it's what i undertand)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom