Alternative Logos for Online Videos (1 Viewer)

grubi

Portal Pro
June 16, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi.

I created a new set of logos for the OnlineVideos plugin (108 logos).

To make appearance consistent I adopted the template MasterMarc used for his German TV-Logos. However I ported his template from Photoshop to Gimp to make it more open source compliant.

There are two files available for download, one containting the logos for use in OnlineVideos and the other containing the source files (a XCF file and a gimp script to generate the logos from).

Every logo is contained in the XCF file as seperate, transparent layer so you can simply add new logos or change the appearance of all logos to a different layout in a simple way.

Hope you like it.

Regards,

grubi.

Attachments

• Logos 0.24.zip
    2.1 MB
  • Logos 0.24-src.zip
    4.3 MB

SilentException

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2008
    Rijeka, Croatia
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    nice job and i must say all the logos look very very nice but i think borders and overlays are for the skinner to decide weather to have them.. so it's better to have "clean" logos in the plugin, then the borders and overlays added by the skin..

grubi

Portal Pro
    June 16, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: Alternative Logos for Online Videos

nice job and i must say all the logos look very very nice but i think borders and overlays are for the skinner to decide weather to have them.. so it's better to have "clean" logos in the plugin, then the borders and overlays added by the skin..

IMHO this is a matter of taste.

Due to the popularity of the "German TV Logos" I thought it would be a good idea to create logos for OnlineVideos with identical layout. Personally I see no difference between a logo representing a TV channel and a logo representing an online channel / stream / etc.

However the way I started maintaining the logos gives you the flexibility to easily get what you asked for. Simply disable all template layers and make only the empty layer visible. Start the skript and you get all logos with transparent background and identical size.

Any if you want the logos in a complete new layout, make one or more new template layers, start the skript and you are done.

Cheers,
    grubi.

grubi

Portal Pro
    June 16, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Alternative Logos for Online Videos

Just added the logos from OnlineVideos 0.24 on the first post.

Cheers.

hirscho

Portal Pro
    December 24, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Grubi

Thanks for the logos. I am using the German TV logos from the beginning and I really like the design. Now I have the same "look and feel" also in Online Videos. May I suggest to put a link to your thread in the German TV-Logos thread? I found your great work just by chance.

hirscho

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom