Always taking foreing title (1 Viewer)

ozn

Portal Member
June 4, 2008
good morning, I've been using IMDB+ since first releases without any issue, but since a little time without parsng any file i'm experiencing next issue.

When I import any Asian movies, for example: Love in magic in parser show result as "Yeonae-sulsa as "Love in Magic"" old times it gest "as" result and change name but actually always mantain foreing title.

In imdb+ plugin option as is:

use the forein tittle from the movie: off
add the foreign tittle: on
start title with the foreing one first: off
special editions rename taggin suppot: on
rename titles so that series are grouped together: off

Can you take a look and help me to keep it working properly?

ozn

Portal Member
June 4, 2008
I explain a little more the problem i'm actually expecting to see if RoChess is anyone can helpo:

Current plugin config:
scrapper1.jpg

example of parsing for 4 files, in database they keep with foreign title unless it recognize the english one, but databse entry is not renamed:

scrapper2.png

I'm actually using last version for imdb+, las stable release of MP and movingpictures and StreamedMP up-to-date theme. Thanks in advance.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Ok, the (as "Aces Go Places") is done by MovingPictures to show you what title was used to do the matching. This clearly matches the title obtained from the filename, so so-far so-good.

That is done in the search-node and then normally IMDb+ in the details-node will "overwrite" this based on your settings in the XML options file.

There are however a few reasons that things have gone wrong and IMDb+ is ignoring the XML options file. This would show in the movingpictures.log file via "IMDb+ Scraper Notice: No XML file found for options, default values are used". It can also be something else is happening.

There are two ways for me to fix this.

1. You switch MediaPortal to debug-mode first, remove all your existing log files, re-import one (just one, log files are harder to read other) of the movies that failed and provide me with the movingpictures.log file. Then I examine the log file, and if I need a closer examination under the hood, I will tell you to enable "scraper-debug log" mode inside MovPic for a more detailed view on what is happening and re-import that problem movie. To enable scraper-debug log mode you can use the explanation at: http://code.google.com/p/imdbplus/wiki/WikiInstallScraper#Debugging

2. I try to recreate the import failure on my own system. For that I'll need your IMDb+ options XML file and the exact filename (sometimes also folder if the filename is not the one used to match) of one of the movies that failed. I then create a 0-byte file with that name, use your options XML file and see if it fails for me as well. Due to the way imdb.com serves different info to users depending on their location around the world, it is possible that I will not be able to recreate your problem and therefore we would need to use method #1 to figure out a solution.

So let me know if you want to do method #1 or #2 and you can answer by providing me with either the log files I need for first method, or XML options file and filename for second one :)

Let's hope it is an easy fix.

ozn

Portal Member
    June 4, 2008
    Good evening RoChess, sorry for the delay and thanks for your assistance.

1) I enable debug mode on movingpictures and reparser the file, that's the log file for it:

26-Mar-2012 16:28:36 Info [ MovieImporter]: User reprocessing Aces.Go.Places.1982.Remastered.DVDRip.XviD-ShitBusters.avi
    26-Mar-2012 16:28:37 Info [ MovieImporter]: Auto-approved Aces.Go.Places.1982.Remastered.DVDRip.XviD-ShitBusters.avi as "Zuijia Paidang" (1983)
    26-Mar-2012 16:28:37 Info [ MovieImporter]: Retrieving details for "Zuijia Paidang"
    26-Mar-2012 16:28:37 Info [ ScraperNode]: IMDb+ Scraper: Settings overruled via Options XML file
    26-Mar-2012 16:28:37 Info [ ScraperNode]: IMDb+ Scraper: Spanish (imdb.es) used for some data on: tt0084955
    26-Mar-2012 16:28:37 Warn [ ScraperNode]: IMDb+ Scraper WARNING: English summary used, because no foreign one exists for: tt0084955
    26-Mar-2012 16:28:37 Info [ FileBasedResource]: Added cover art for "Zuijia Paidang" from: http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMTc2NTc0MDM3MF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNTU0NjcyMQ@@._V1.jpg
    26-Mar-2012 16:28:38 Info [ MovieImporter]: Retrieving media information for: Zuijia Paidang
    26-Mar-2012 16:28:38 Info [ MovieImporter]: Added "Zuijia Paidang" (1983).

Log for second file:

26-Mar-2012 16:29:53 Info [ MovieImporter]: User reprocessing Love.ln.Magic.2005.DVDRip.XviD-CaYEnnE.avi
    26-Mar-2012 16:29:56 Error [ WebGrabber]: Connection failed: URL=http://www.filmaffinity.com/es/filmLove In Magic.html, Status=NotFound, Description=Not Found.
    26-Mar-2012 16:29:56 Info [ MovieImporter]: Auto-approved Love.ln.Magic.2005.DVDRip.XviD-CaYEnnE.avi as "Yeonae-sulsa" (2005)
    26-Mar-2012 16:29:56 Info [ MovieImporter]: Retrieving details for "Yeonae-sulsa"
    26-Mar-2012 16:29:56 Info [ ScraperNode]: IMDb+ Scraper: Settings overruled via Options XML file
    26-Mar-2012 16:29:56 Info [ ScraperNode]: IMDb+ Scraper: Spanish (imdb.es) used for some data on: tt0464761
    26-Mar-2012 16:29:58 Warn [ ScraperNode]: IMDb+ Scraper WARNING: English summary used, because no foreign one exists for: tt0464761
    26-Mar-2012 16:30:01 Info [ FileBasedResource]: Added cover art for "Yeonae-sulsa" from: http://cf2.imgobject.com/t/p/original/v1PdU00iJXRUNKI6s6OQ5D6nDvG.jpg
    26-Mar-2012 16:30:01 Info [ MovieImporter]: Retrieving media information for: Yeonae-sulsa
    26-Mar-2012 16:30:02 Info [ MovieImporter]: Added "Yeonae-sulsa" (2005).

2) Option 2:

Folder name: Aces go places 1 Mad mission (Eric Tsang, 1982)
    File Name: Aces.Go.Places.1982.Remastered.DVDRip.XviD-ShitBusters.avi

I upload and attach IMD+ xml file you ask for.

Second File:
    folder Name: Love In Magic (2005)
    File Name: Love.ln.Magic.2005.DVDRip.XviD-CaYEnnE

I think problem came from IMDB+ xml as said in the log that override rules:

26-Mar-2012 16:28:37 Info [ ScraperNode]: IMDb+ Scraper: Settings overruled via Options XML file

Thanks again.

Attachments

• Options IMDb+ Scraper.xml
      1.9 KB

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    The UK-rating option you have enabled is causing the problem (used in current IMDb+ to get "British-English movie titles).

IMDb+ has grown pretty complex with the many options it has and it is easy for one option to negativly impact another.

So turn that option 'off' and things should work again to 'detect' USA-English titles for Asian movies.

In the meantime, I'll look again at the scraper-script logic on that and see if I can figure out a way to make both work, but it is easy to break something else when fixing one thing, so I have to be careful.

ozn

Portal Member
    June 4, 2008
    good Evening, RoChess, sorry for the delay.

I have been trying to solve it this night and I turned of the option you mention but I still have the same issue, I paste above the xml as it's actually configure:

<imdbplus>
    <set id="01" name="global_options_original_title" value="false" />
    <set id="02" name="global_options_foreign_title" value="false" />
    <set id="03" name="global_options_foreign_first" value="false" />
    <set id="04" name="global_options_uk_rating" value="false" />
    <set id="05" name="global_options_imdb_score" value="true" />
    <set id="06" name="global_options_imdb_metascore" value="false" />
    <set id="07" name="global_options_long_summary" value="true" />
    <set id="08" name="global_options_rotten_meter" value="false" />
    <set id="09" name="global_options_rotten_average" value="false" />
    <set id="10" name="global_options_rotten_top_critics" value="false" />
    <set id="11" name="global_options_special_edition" value="true" />
    <set id="12" name="global_options_rename_titles" value="false" />
    <set id="13" name="global_options_single_score" value="true" />
    <set id="14" name="global_options_min_imdb_votes" value="false" />
    <set id="15" name="global_options_refresh_all_fields" value="false" />
    <set id="16" name="global_options_one_writer_director" value="false" />
    <set id="96" name="global_options_secondary_summary" value="true" />
    <set id="97" name="global_options_secondary_details" value="03" />
    <set id="98" name="global_options_country_filter" value="us|ca|gb|ie|au|nz|es" />
    <set id="99" name="global_options_language_filter" value="en" />
    <set id="200" name="plugin_options_sync_interval" value="24" />
    <set id="201" name="plugin_options_sync_on_startup" value="false" />
    <set id="202" name="plugin_options_sync_last_datetime" value="13/11/2011 10:26:09" />
    <set id="17" name="global_options_remove_first_roman" value="false" />
    <set id="18" name="global_options_fix_missing_summary" value="true" />
    <set id="94" name="global_options_english_movie_rating" value="01" />
    <set id="95" name="global_options_secondary_en_title" value="false" />
    </imdbplus>

I can change xml optino if needed I have try to change english_movie_rating to false but same result.

And logs show next result:
    29-Mar-2012 23:06:06 Info [ MovieImporter]: Auto-approved Aces.Go.Places.1982.Remastered.DVDRip.XviD-ShitBusters.avi as "Zuijia Paidang" (1983)
    29-Mar-2012 23:06:06 Info [ MovieImporter]: Retrieving details for "Zuijia Paidang"
    29-Mar-2012 23:06:06 Info [ ScraperNode]: IMDb+ Scraper: Settings overruled via Options XML file
    29-Mar-2012 23:06:06 Info [ ScraperNode]: IMDb+ Scraper: Spanish (imdb.es) used for some data on: tt0084955
    29-Mar-2012 23:06:09 Warn [ ScraperNode]: IMDb+ Scraper WARNING: English summary used, because no foreign one exists for: tt0084955
    29-Mar-2012 23:06:12 Info [ FileBasedResource]: Added cover art for "Zuijia Paidang" from: http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMTc2NTc0MDM3MF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNTU0NjcyMQ@@._V1.jpg
    29-Mar-2012 23:06:19 Info [ MovieImporter]: Retrieving media information for: Zuijia Paidang
    29-Mar-2012 23:06:19 Info [ MovieImporter]: Added "Zuijia Paidang" (1983)

ozn

Portal Member
    June 4, 2008
    finally I have rename the option.xml file and MePo creates a new one and works great, I will be switch on the options I nedd and will try if it still works.
    thanks for your Assistance.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    You are welcome :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom