Always update on enter onlineVideos (1 Viewer)

DuckTest

Portal Member
April 21, 2011
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Hi,

Is it possible to always update the sites when entering onlineVideos? I use onlineVideos for streaming news but sometimes it takes a while when they uploaded the last news bulletin. Right now onlineVideos updates only on first start or with the 'update all button' which is really hard to find (using StreamedMP). Also this 'update all' is a lot slower then the first start update.
So now I shutdown and start MP so onlineVideos updates every time. Not really the perfect situation.;)

I tried to set the webcache to 1 min, but that doesn't seem to change anything. Is this a bug missing feature ?

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    If you are talking about the Automatic update process that happen the first time when you enter OnlineVideos, this can by design only run at that time, because it downloads DLLs and loads them, and once a dll is loaded it cannot be unloaded.

What you are actually referring to, is a specific site's videos, tjhis has nothing to do with the OnlineVideos updater. Setting the webcache to 1 min should always load the data fresh from the site after a minute.

DuckTest

Portal Member
    April 21, 2011
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    OK, I understand. Seems that the webcache isn't working with me (items was not there until restart MP), but I will test again.

DuckTest

Portal Member
    April 21, 2011
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I'm pretty sure it's not working. This webcache is set on 1. But today again, after restart MP the news bulletin was available.

Too bad I don't know how to prove something is wrong. I cannot reproduce it with the same data as the news bulletin is now visible.

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Always update on enter onlineVideos

You can at least set Logging to Debug in MP and attach a logfile when the problem occured. Or tell me what site it happens on, because in Order to find or fix something I'd need a way to reproduce it...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom