Codecs AMD Catalyst 15.7.1 - No sound (1 Viewer)

ced007

Portal Pro
July 7, 2008
Haute-Savoie
Home Country
France France
Hello,
Just tried to update my AMD video card drivers from 15.7 to 15.7.1 version and then I had no sound any more. When I tried to read an audio file on Windows 7 I had an error like "The device is being used by another application"
I came back to 15.7 and the sound was back.
I suspect a problem with version 15.7.1 but don't know what exactly.

Last edited:

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    A few minutes prioir to your posting the following was uploaded:
    Start MP, then use alt-enter to get to windowed mode and play music, then mouse over to volume icon in systray, click on this and then go up to mixer, you will see Mediaportal listed, does it show anything different to master volume, ie muted.

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    No issues here, A/V working perfect.
    But remember to check the Windows Audio settings after updating these drivers, since they will revert to default (Stereo)

Lightning303

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 12, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Nah its a bug in the catalyst. Had the same issue.
    I'm having the same issue, very frustrating I have to keep reinstalling driver, hope amd sort it out soon:mad:

Uninstall the hdmi audio driver from the device manager, restart pc and then run an older catalyst installer and only install the hdmi driver. Problem solved ;).

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    Hello guy's, for information AMD released an "new" beta 15.8 who include an HDMI audio driver updated to 7228

and now, the hdmi audio work fine on my HD4600 serie

juro

Portal Pro
    March 23, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    This is a known bug. I thought this is related to win 10 and so I roled back to win 7, but here the same with the newest version. So I had to install win 10 again, grrrr.

You can completly remove the audio device and remove also the driver in the device manager. Then reboot or search for new devices and windows will install the win version of the amd hdmi audio device. Works fine for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom