aMPdroid 1.0.1 Streaming with subtitles - Problem (1 Viewer)

FabioCL

March 31, 2012
Home Country
Brazil Brazil
Hi everyone.

I just installed the latest version of aMPdroid and MPExtended. I was able to get the streaming working nice on my Toshiba Excite tablet but couldn't get subtitles to work. To be more clear, I'm trying to stream video with subtitles located on an external .SRT file located in the same folder as the .MKV video file.

Did anyone manage to make this work? I'd love to have some help :).

FabioCL

March 31, 2012
Home Country
Brazil Brazil
Hi again.

I solved my problem with subtitles. There were two things that were preventing the subtitles to be displayed in my Android Tablet.

Problem #1: I was using the FFmpeg profiles to stream video. I read somewhere in this forum about some limitations that FFmpeg has regarding subtitles and the advice to use VLC instead. Well, that didn't solve the problem at first. It took me a while to figure out that VLC didn't work because of...

Problem #2: This one was a little tricky. I was doing all my tests with TV series. I live in Brazil and, in portuguese, our word for "series" is "séries" (yes, much alike, except for the accent in the first "e"). So, I named the folder that holds my TV series as "Séries". I don't know if its a VLC or MPExtended limitation, but I discovered that VLC couldn't render the subtitles because of the folder name. After I renamed the folder, removing the accent of the word, and rebuilded the MP TV Series database, everything worked as expected with the VLC streaming.

I spent a lot of time trying to figure this out. Hope this help someone else. Accents are not common in english but there are a lot of languages that use them.

Sorry about my poor english too.

[]s
Fabio

PS: Wonderfull work done in aMPdroid! Congratulations!

DieBagger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2007
    Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Hi, did you have this issue with the latest version of MPExtended (0.5) and aMPdroid (1.1) too? If yes then we will look into this issue...

FabioCL

March 31, 2012
    Home Country
    Brazil Brazil
    Hi, did you have this issue with the latest version of MPExtended (0.5) and aMPdroid (1.1) too? If yes then we will look into this issue...

I was using MPExtended 0.4 and aMPdroid 1.0.1. I'll upgrade for the latest versions to see if the problem persist.

Jon Sands

Portal Member
    June 21, 2012
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi All .... I just installed the upraded to MP Extend to 0.5.0 and upgraded aMPdroid on both my tablet and my Samsung Ace phone and now I can't stream recorded TV .... Live TV works ok ! ....
    All was working fine until the upgrades ....

Both tablet and Phone display " aMPdroid has stopped/shutdown " ....
    WiFi remote works ok ....
    Live TV streams ok ...
    Problem only with attempting streaming recorded TV .... All ok until the " Stream" button clicked ....
    Anything else I should be trying ??? ... Any help much appreciated ... I love this program ...
    Streaming recorded programs to my Tablet in bed is most relaxing and doesn't annoy my lady companion ....

DieBagger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2007
    Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Hi All .... I just installed the upraded to MP Extend to 0.5.0 and upgraded aMPdroid on both my tablet and my Samsung Ace phone and now I can't stream recorded TV .... Live TV works ok ! ....
    All was working fine until the upgrades ....

Both tablet and Phone display " aMPdroid has stopped/shutdown " ....
    WiFi remote works ok ....
    Live TV streams ok ...
    Problem only with attempting streaming recorded TV .... All ok until the " Stream" button clicked ....
    Anything else I should be trying ??? ... Any help much appreciated ... I love this program ...
    Streaming recorded programs to my Tablet in bed is most relaxing and doesn't annoy my lady companion ....
    You have to use the long-press action in the recordings screen, the button in the recording details screen is broken atm...

Jon Sands

Portal Member
    June 21, 2012
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    OK Thanks hugely DieBagger ..... Your instruction works .... Appreciate your quick response .....
    Just the function is a little different to the earlier release ....
    I now Long press on the recording icon ... then press play at the top of the screen and it works fine .....
    I can retire relaxed tonight .. Many thanks again ......
    I may never have figured this out without help !!!! .......... Heh heh ....

Regards Jon S

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom