[fixed] Analog channels - Unable to start graph. (1 Viewer)

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    renault: can you please provide the MediaPortal.log as well?
    Sorry, too late,8 hours without electricity.

In the latest logs, there appears to be a huge jump (+6 minutes) in the measured timeshift file duration a few seconds after start of play. This is what causes the seeking to fail because TsReader.ax is being asked to seek (by MP TV player) to a part of the file which doesn't actually exist (as far as I can tell from the logs).

TsReader.ax works out the duration by finding/using the start and end file PCR values, but I can't work out from the logs if the time jump is in the actual file PCR values or something is going wrong in the duration measurement.

Tony

JDWestoby

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 9, 2008
    Poltimore, Devon
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Finally took the plunge and installed 1.3, I get the 'unable to start graph' on an analog (Sky via S-Video) channel.

Found this thread, copied over the dll and exe but same thing.

OK,there is stuff all I DO watch on Sky, but there are a few things and this is a deal breaker for me and 1.3 - I'll be reinstalling 1.2.3
    - sorry.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Finally took the plunge and installed 1.3, I get the 'unable to start graph' on an analog (Sky via S-Video) channel.

Found this thread, copied over the dll and exe but same thing.

OK,there is stuff all I DO watch on Sky, but there are a few things and this is a deal breaker for me and 1.3 - I'll be reinstalling 1.2.3
    - sorry.
    Thank you for testing, but because you didn't take the time to post logs it is possible that this problem won't be fixed in beta. If you want the problem fixed then please - post logs! ;)

Andrew H

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 8, 2007
    Alabama
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Ditto: Problem solved with patch of page 2. Although this crested a new issue with the ATI MPEG Video Encoder I use (in TV-Server) for my ATi HDTV-Wonder's analog tuner... unlike the Hauppauge 1600's analog tuner (which has on-board hardware analog encoding and is still working fine) the ATi has a large Green bar along the lower end of the image. Sure, it's analog and the screenshot pic is difficult to understand (it's a 4:3 with both pillar and letterbox blacks) but what's with this Green band that's scrunching the 4:3 UP? It shows both live and on playback of the file.

UPDATE: After having DISABLED and ENABLED the analog tuners in my TV-SERVER config app it seems I wasn't paying as close o' attention as I should have (given I'm un the USA) and this odd Green bar is attributed to the tuner settings -- it had defaulted to PAL and 50Hz while I'm on NTSC and 60Hz. After selecting the proper settings the Green bar is gone! This is a good example of fixing one thing while messing up something else :( I'm just glad it's working again and once more THANKS MM

Attachments

• 14-20-06.png
      14-20-06.png
      636.4 KB
    Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom