Analog problems due to invalid reference (1 Viewer)

x4mer

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 8, 2007
    Toronto
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    TV-Server Version: 1.0 Final
    MediaPortal Version: 1.0 Final
    MediaPortal Skin: Blue3 Wide
    Windows Version: Windows Vista
    CPU Type: Intel Q8200
    HDD: 120G
    Memory: 2G
    Motherboard: Gigabyte EP45-UD3R
    Video Card: Radeon 3450
    Video Card Driver: 8.12
    Sound Card: Integrated
    Sound Card AC3: Optical
    Sound Card Driver:
    1. TV Card: digiwave 103g
    1. TV Card Type: DVB-S
    1. TV Card Driver:
    2. TV Card: Hauppauge HVR-2250
    2. TV Card Type: dual-ATSC
    2. TV Card Driver:
    3. TV Card: Hauppauge PVR-500
    3. TV Card Type: dual-analog
    3. TV Card Driver:
    4. TV Card:
    4. TV Card Type:
    4. TV Card Driver:
    MPEG2 Video Codec: ATI Avivo
    MPEG2 Audio Codec: MPA
    h.264 Video Codec: FFDShow
    Satelite/CableTV Provider:
    HTPC Case: Antec
    Cooling: Stock
    Power Supply: Antec 500W
    Remote: MCE
    TV: HP 5020/Samsung 56
    TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI

Edit- problem affects all analog (TV & radio)

I just installed my first SVN since installing 1.0 final. I skipped all the others & went straight to 21864. I immediately ran into problems, as soon as I tried to scan for radio stations on either of my cards (both have onboard encoders for analog).

All four of my tuners throw an error message that radio is not supported on the card. It did not do this in 1.0 final. If I try to scan for analog cable TV stations with any tuner, the stations just fly by with no channels added. This is also new from 1.0.

Attached is the log for attempting to scan radio. The errors thrown for TV are the same, complaining about a cyberlink file missing. I've never had any cyberlink software installed on my server, so it can't be a registry entry causing the problem.

I see that posts about this bug have been posted every SVN since MP1.0 final was released, starting here https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...vision-21306-rar-52157/index6.html#post359319

It has never been fixed. I see people say to rename a file in the client directory & register it, but this leaves me wondering what happens when the client tries to use it as the way it was named in the distribution. See MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-01-23-2009 22-00.rar - Page 11 - MediaPortal Forum

I would figure that either the server or the client needs to change the way it references the file, & the file named appropriately in the installers.

Attachments

• NoRadio.rar
      30.6 KB

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    Not able to reproduce this with latest SVN & PVR-500 tuner. Watch tv, scan for channels, scan for radio & listen to works fine here.
    Try with 500 card & attach that log when it fails(there is a bug which other sees & seems to be linked to SW encoded cards, but could also affect others in graph building)

Regards
    Roy

x4mer

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 8, 2007
    Toronto
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Thanks for responding.

I shut down TVservice & cleared the logs.

I then launched TV config app, & went to try to scan with the PVR-500. Resulting logs attached.

Any attempt to scan analog, results in the TV Server config app becoming 'unresponsive'. Once it starts throwing those mpgmux errors, I can't change sections to any other screen in the config app. Attempting to do so, results in the title over the right hand section changing, but the contents of the window don't. There is no way to get to the manual settings screen to stop the TV service.

There is no mpgmux.ax file on my system, as the SVNs never install one. The only file laid down is the pdmpgmux.ax in the client directory, which is the one everyone in the SVN threads is saying to rename. If I copy that file to the server directory, rename it to mpgmux.ax & reg it, then analog works fine, but the MP installer doesn't install it for me, or many others judging by the SVN threads.

I just checked one of my clients, that is still at 1.0 as I haven't installed the SVN there. The mux file in the client there is also the pdmpgmux.ax file. It seems that the TV server changed at some point shortly after 1.0 (before the first public SVN) to reference mpgmux.ax instead of pdmpgmux.ax.

Attachments

• PVR-500 TVscan.rar
      30.6 KB

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    Hmm, maybe it's just the filter thats not regged after svn installation(doesn't matter what the name it's since MP uses the filter value).
    The one used here it's placed in MediaPortal root dir & regged(have one in TV Server root too, so it occurs twice).
    What if you "regsvr32 / u" the mpgmux.ax & rename it to PDmpgmux.ax & run regsvr32 on it, will it work then(if it does we have to check why reg of that file fails, or why de-reg of the old fails).

Regards
    Roy

x4mer

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 8, 2007
    Toronto
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Thanks again for the follow up.

After my post last night, I did some more digging. I went and checked SVN on SF, & saw that there is no mpgmux.ax in the distro at all, only pdmpgmux.ax. This made me think that the file must be accessed independant of name, & that it's just not registered correctly.

Last night I went and did exactly what you're suggesting now. I unregged my copied & renamed file in the server directory, & deleted it. I then went to the client directory & did an unreg followed by a reg on pdmpgmux.ax. Analog then worked fine for scanning.

I can actually complete an FM radio scan now, which I couldn't do with 1.0, as it would abort the scan (claiming complete - no stations found) as soon as it reached a frequency that had a station on it.

Figuring something must go wrong with the registration process for that file while the SVN is installed, I proceeded to install the SVN to my aforementioned 1.0 final client. The logs revealed nothing in error during install. I scrolled back through the window of the installer & saw the section where it said it was installing & registering pdmpgmux.ax. There was no error listed there either.

So, the SVN seems to have no problem with that file on this client, but it must have had an error during install on the server. This inconsistency must be why only certain people are affected.

Edit -- You said you have two copies of the mux file on your system, while my server only had one in the client dir. I just did a complete MP wipe of one of my clients. I then did a 1.0 singleseat install, even though the system has no tuners. I checked the client & server directories & the pdgmpgmux.ax file was in both. I then installed the two SVN packages for client & server/plugin. When I checked the directories afterwards, the server directory no longer had the mux file, only the client folder had it. The SVN removes the file during full uninstall, but doesn't put it back.

Manually doing an unreg/reg to the one in the client directory, will allow the server to use that copy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom