[Animation] Flash/ShockWave Plug-in (1 Viewer)

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Bram said:
    Great stuff. Thats the interface of a future Game Console isn't it? I've seen it before.

I have seen it also. Isn't that PS3 (PlayStation3)?

Bram

Portal Pro
    December 12, 2005
    's-Hertogenbosch
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    That would mean XAML is not a MS patented platform? I can't imagine Sony is paying it's concurent to use this technology.... :?:

Vanessa

Portal Pro
    May 31, 2006
    Bram said:
    That would mean XAML is not a MS patented platform? I can't imagine Sony is paying it's concurent to use this technology.... :?:

No, it's an "Open Specification", exist MyXAML too that works with .NET 1.0

THDBASED

Portal Pro
    January 30, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Vanessa said:
    Bram said:
    XAML makes me ******. How far are we away from being able to use it? I've done a little research. If I've got it right, the only thing needed to support it is an upgrade to .NET 3.0 (beta 2 is the current version)?

A great advantage seams it can be coded, but there will also become a lot of tools available to create skins. There won't be any need for design tools that are specificly inted for the use of creating skins for MP. They will be somesort of fusion between 3Dmax, Flash and Photoshop, vector based. Am I right Venessa?

How far is the devlopment of this skin engine?

btw: Where do you find the time to do al this great work for MP Venessa? I need to find some myself :p

Well i use:

* Microsoft Expression
    To create styles, controls, and animations.
    * Adobe Illustrator
    To create SVG(Scalable vector graphics) for MS Expression.
    * Zam3D
    To create custom 3D and cinematic screens.

With XAML i can create GUI's like this...

http://www.youtube.com/v/IfpjOlfTdCg

Damm...that interface looks and moves amazing. I hope that the MP interface will be able to do this, cause now it is still a bit....well not as smooth as the one in the video :) if you know what I mean...

Vanessa, how far are you and the other developers at changing the skin engine to this level? Is the smoothnes and speed going to be the same or almost the same as in the video? Cause if it will then MP is going to a whole different level in HTPC software...leaving every other HTPC software behind...

madsrh

Portal Pro
    July 15, 2006
    Denmark
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    WOW, that look fu*****great!!! Nice video clip, it really shows very well, what can be done.

Looking forward to see this in MP :wink:

Bram

Portal Pro
    December 12, 2005
    's-Hertogenbosch
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    As far as I can conclude from what I've read, it willraise the minimum specs a bit. Especialy the CPU. On the other hand it will probebly be very easy to create a 'lighter' skin. The more complex animations are used, the more calculation power will be needed.

Inker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2004
    Vanessa said:
    I'm currently working on XAML styles, controls, effects and animations for MP, because this, no flash, xaml it's better and can change and edit styles easy.

Vanessa, when you say your working on xaml stuff for MP, what do you mean? Since youre not a developer I assume you mean ur creating controls etc. in XAML? And not that you are working on replacing the current skin engine?

The hard part is incorperating WPF into MP in such a way that it can be used for skins, and that is a huge dev. effort. Creating skins and controls afterwards.....piece of cake compared to replacing the current skin engine.

Moving to WPF is a goal in the mid to long term, but, people, don't hold your breath. It is a huge undertaking that will take time.

Just thought I'd jump in here so that not everyone keeps expecting this to show up in a week.

Inker

dipunm

Portal Pro
    August 6, 2006
    Bram said:
    As far as I can conclude from what I've read, it willraise the minimum specs a bit. Especialy the CPU. On the other hand it will probebly be very easy to create a 'lighter' skin. The more complex animations are used, the more calculation power will be needed.

if this is the case, i hope alot of the stuff it can be moved to the gpu

im using a sort of old pc (1.3Ghz processor) with a decent graphics card (ati radeon) although im not sure if this 1 has a gpu... its my dads current pc (mines alot better :p)

Vanessa

Portal Pro
    May 31, 2006
    Vanessa, when you say your working on xaml stuff for MP, what do you mean? Since youre not a developer I assume you mean ur creating controls etc. in XAML? And not that you are working on replacing the current skin engine?

The hard part is incorperating WPF into MP in such a way that it can be used for skins, and that is a huge dev. effort. Creating skins and controls afterwards.....piece of cake compared to replacing the current skin engine.

Moving to WPF is a goal in the mid to long term, but, people, don't hold your breath. It is a huge undertaking that will take time.

Just thought I'd jump in here so that not everyone keeps expecting this to show up in a week.

Inker

Yes, i'm currently working over Microsoft Expression, and SVG gfx.
    The new MP only load XAML files (the gfx side) and the MP source code only manage the logical side of the program (isn't a big problem using interop (C# 2003 over WPF) from vs.net)

But mofux are working too hard on this and take time.

But i'm WPF developer too (2.5 years ago) , (look my profile) :D

@dipunm:

The last version of WinFX have big changes and improvements, now load and surf too fast and low memory and cpu usage.

Agree

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 7, 2005
    Yes, i'm currently working over Microsoft Expression, and SVG gfx.
    The new MP only load XAML files (the gfx side) and the MP source code only manage the logical side of the program (isn't a big problem using interop (C# 2003 over WPF) from vs.net)

But mofux are working too hard on this and take time.

But i'm WPF developer too (2.5 years ago) , (look my profile) :D

@dipunm:

The last version of WinFX have big changes and improvements, now load and surf too fast and low memory and cpu usage.

I think i dont understand your post. What is mofux working on?

And if you are developing wpf stuff for about 2.5 years, just show us something. We search for WPF developers to help porting MP, so its your chance to just act as an dev after your great words.

greets
    agree

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom