Anime support (1 Viewer)

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    To summarize what would be required for MP2 (taking TV recordings as example):
    With all the given examples a developer could easily add this feature to MP2. I would be very happy to assist and answer questions, but I can't develop this my own (no anime, no API, and time only for MP2 core and releases).

Anyone interested in this coding task???

saitoh183

Portal Pro
    May 6, 2011
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Man i wish i would know how to program...im a IT tech but my programming skills are way to limited and there is way to much to learn to take on a task like this for a newb like me :)

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Terra

Portal Pro
    August 25, 2009
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    It would also be great if there would be some Anime related features like:
    • Automatically enable English (or a user defined language) subtitle when playing an Anime. Such a feature was present in the Haali Media Splitter where you could define that if the audio language JP was found it should automatically enable EN subtitles if present in an MKV file.
    • Decide if the Series Name should be displayed in English, Japanese Romaji or original Japanese
    Usually the Anime series information in databases like TheTVDB are based on the US versions of the animes, which means it misses episodes which were removed in the US versions or sometimes two original episodes were cut and merged into one episode, the episode order is sometimes different, shows were forced into a seasons scheme,...
    Just a few of the reasons why I do not index my Anime collection with MP right now, if you don't have the US dubbed version you are out of luck.

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    • Automatically enable English (or a user defined language) subtitle when playing an Anime. Such a feature was present in the Haali Media Splitter where you could define that if the audio language JP was found it should automatically enable EN subtitles if present in an MKV file.
    • Decide if the Series Name should be displayed in English, Japanese Romaji or original Japanese
    Usually the Anime series information in databases like TheTVDB are based on the US versions of the animes, which means it misses episodes which were removed in the US versions or sometimes two original episodes were cut and merged into one episode, the episode order is sometimes different, shows were forced into a seasons scheme,...
    Just a few of the reasons why I do not index my Anime collection with MP right now, if you don't have the US dubbed version you are out of luck.

Hm - most of the series have an entry in the TVDB - but I also use JMM because of the import options. In addition I let TinyMediaManager add nfo and Posters so when I use a DLNA unit (like my tablet) to watch I get the Picture and infos too (I use synology for streaming).

I think best would be if JMM would support MP2 as plugin - it is also using MySQL and some features animecollectors would miss. But it depends on
    lwerndly.

saitoh183

Portal Pro
    May 6, 2011
    Home Country
    Canada Canada

Hm - most of the series have an entry in the TVDB - but I also use JMM because of the import options. In addition I let TinyMediaManager add nfo and Posters so when I use a DLNA unit (like my tablet) to watch I get the Picture and infos too (I use synology for streaming).

I think best would be if JMM would support MP2 as plugin - it is also using MySQL and some features animecollectors would miss. But it depends on
    lwerndly.

Yes most of the series are in TVDB but as he mentioned they dont follow the way anime is released which forces lots of manipulation on the users part depending on how they maintain there anime collection. JMM with Anime 3 is a great solution currently but since JMM server lacks certain features (like the ability to use your own artwork without having to hack it in). Also it would be better to have a native solution then having a second DB for anime.[DOUBLEPOST=1395146847][/DOUBLEPOST]
    • Decide if the Series Name should be displayed in English, Japanese Romaji or original Japanese.
    Lav Splitter can do what Haali can. JMM server with My Anime can do point number 2. Indexing your anime can still be done in MP if you use those tools. They work great

Last edited:

yhoogi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Lav Splitter can do what Haali can. JMM server with My Anime can do point number 2. Indexing your anime can still be done in MP if you use those tools. They work great

Bullet 1 can be selected as well in the MP1 plugin config for MyAnime (see under "Display")

So normally everything is already covered for the Anime Geek. You will get automatic indexing based on hash values (ANIDB is the reference for all Anime releases around), retrieval of related background info, media info, etc by the server already.
    Biggest issue is that Iwerndly is quite busy with real life obligations and therefore SW support is currently with low priority.
    As such I would imagine he will have even less time to start a new plugin for MP2.

Maybe it would be good to ask him if he can describe either the database structure or server interface so some other developer can access it.
    Would be a pitty if all those effort he invested would go to waste.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom