announcing: Zap-OSD (1 Viewer)

SePPiE

Portal Pro
December 6, 2004
The Netherlands
Hi everyone,

Just to announce that I will be working on a zapping-osd.
I already made a hack last week for this, and 0.1.0.6 had this too, but in latest CVS it has been disabled already.

Downsides of the previous zap-osd was:
- Takes 50% off from TV screen.
- You had to manually press SHOW OSD or ESC again to get rid of it.
- No time-out on it.
- And the moment you press channel UP/DOWN it already zapped to that channel and THEN it showed the info..

New ZAP-OSD will be like following:
- Completely new OSD file in skin. This to have it all up to the skinners how to show the info. Also makes it easier for people to change it to how THEY think it should be).
- When pressing CH Up/Down the OSD will first display NOW/NEXT on that next channel and after a timeout of 2 seconds or so, THEN it'll zap...
Not first ZAP and then Show info. (Hope you know what I mean by this).
- After zap, it'll have a timeout to disappear again.. (this will be the same time-out as the OSD-setting from MyVideo).

Have started today, and will update this post as progress is being made.

GREETS

MrMario64

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    don't worry about timing,
    those r details that can easily be tweaked when it's done.

SePPiE

Portal Pro
    December 6, 2004
    The Netherlands
    UPDATE

Well, the ZAP-OSD is nearly finished.
    Only thing left to do is to make it nice looking (skin adjustment), but the functionality is working.

Delay is now 3 seconds before it actually tunes to the channel, but this can be tweaked... ZapOSD timeout right now is the same as the general OSD timeout..
    The zap-delay works for the zap-osd and the original osd..

It shows the Channel name + logo, On TV NOW and On TV NEXT, and progress bar...
    PLOT(event description) IS available for skinners, but that's not really what the zap-osd is meant for since you want to keep the OSD small (on the bottom for instance).
    It's more an info screen then a control-screen.
    After some testing I'll submit the code to MrMario64 so he can incorporate it into the CVS.

A

Anonymous

This sounds awsome, somthing that I was waitng for for a while, only thing is I think it should have more info then just the chaneel name, and logo, I tihnk it should have more info avaliable to the skinner, besides the plot, unless you meant all the other info is avalaible too, such as show title, time span, current time, and if you press like an info button or some approprate action it would have the actrual plot, check out http://www.pvrcompare.com/dtimages.html and look at "Tivos Medium Banner" and "Tivos Large Banner" simialar to that, but odviosly different looking, but with abasically all that info, where the large one is the info screen, also if you just push the info screen it would come up large already on current channel[/url]

SePPiE

Portal Pro
    December 6, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Well, PLOT is available but skinner can decide if he wants to show or not...
    TVchannel, TVlogo, On tv now and on tv next + time's are already implemented..

I've seen the screenshots, and this basically is what the screens are..
    My zap-osd is the medium one.. and the original osd is the large one...
    zap-osd shows automatically when you change channels and the original osd is what you see when you press "y"...

Also when you zap while the original OSD is showing, the zap-osd won't show up and the original osd will remain...
    So the user decides what they want ..

A

Anonymous

Good work SePPiE!

This is one those things that lots of people have been waiting on, but no-one had stepped forward. Cool. Makes MP look even better, and delivers the ohs and ahs we all love. Excellent WAF rating as unlike the context menu, its automatic when changing channel, no extra button presses to learn.

When released, you will be my hero for the day. Bravo sir.

SePPiE

Portal Pro
    December 6, 2004
    The Netherlands
    UPDATE

Well, it's finished... :)
    Unfortunatly Sourceforge is having problems with CVS so I can't submit it yet..

Here's a screenie:
    zaposd.jpg

ZapDelay is 2.5 seconds..
    It uses the general OSD timeout..
    Don't worry, these values can be tweaked if people find it too short or long.
    I didn't make then configurable either, but that can be something for later.

I also had a problem with the progressbar not being updated and fixed this aswell..

So expect to see it in the CVS soon.

SePPiE

Portal Pro
    December 6, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Latest version of Zap-OSD released and will be available in CVS soon.
    Timeout has it's own Timeout now, so not the same as the original one anymore...
    Also configurable through configuration->movies->OSD Tab...

greets! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom