[TV] another no TV issue (2 Viewers)

2mad

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 13, 2008
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    I´m not sure if this is really a new issue, but it´s a little bit different to tv problems already mentioned.

I had no problem during setup and configuration, but once I start the TV section within the mediaportal it seems that I´ve no connection to the server (or database?).
    The program guide is empty (no channel listed) and after "pressing" TV-on - the light is active but the display stays black.
    But if I manually start timeshift, within the tv server configuration, I´m able to connect mediaportal to the stream.
    After stopping watching the stream and stopping the timeshifting - back to the start - no tv.

attached are the logs where I did the following:

MP: start TV (black display)
    MP: end TV
    TVE: start timeshift
    MP: connect to the TV-stream
    MP: stop watching the stream
    TVE: stop timeshift
    MP: start TV (black display)
    MP: end TV

I did a few re-installations alread, but still the same effect.

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    You need to provide full logs, need to see version numbers of plugins.
    So start MP -> TV -> try to watch tv & close MP, collect logs & attach.

Regards
    Roy

2mad

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 13, 2008
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    damned - i was sure, that I´m going to do something wrong :oops:

many thx for your quick reply!

problem is, that I switched back to 1.0.1 meanwhile, as I´m only able to do the testing on my production system.
    maybe I can spend the time for another test tomorrow.

another thing that confused me a little bit during my testing was, that after doing a complete uninstall - i even uninstalled mysql 5.1 (deleted the programm folders as well) - during the reinstallation, the installation programm mentioned that mysql 5.1 is already installed and I had to install mysql 5.1 manually.:confused:

Best Regards
    Harry

2mad

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 13, 2008
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    did another test yesterday.

after another complete deinstallation of my 1.0.0.0 (disaster), restart and new installation of the ALPHA everything was fine. He even "reinstalled" mySQL. So the Installation worked as expected.

I've no idea why, but this time even the tv plug in was working as expected. Only thing was the stuttering I had, but as far as know from other threads this might be caused by the "weakness" of my onboard nvidia 9300. :(

Therefor I went back to the 1.0.0.0

No more logfiles, as I could not reproduce the issue:confused:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom