Another product called Mediaportal.... (1 Viewer)

ASiDiE

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 14, 2005
    USA
    I was searching another fourm for media portal related stuff and came up with this. From the looks of it... it looks pretty sweet. I am hoping one day, that OUR MP will have all the same features!!!

http://www.2wire.com/?p=11

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    ASiDiE said:
    I was searching another fourm for media portal related stuff and came up with this. From the looks of it... it looks pretty sweet. I am hoping one day, that OUR MP will have all the same features!!!

http://www.2wire.com/?p=11

I looked it over (maybe real fast) but I didn't see any feature that was missing (actually look at all the plugins that MP has to offer and MP has MANY more features) from MP that this hardware STB provides. Please point out the missing faetures.

Mike

ASiDiE

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 14, 2005
    USA
    Yes, MP does have most of the options... but I would still like to see a server/client. I would also like to see a web based server adminstration where you can select shows and see what is coming up all in a web browser. But I think the Biggest feature that MP is missing.... Dishnetwork support! The autotune for the dishnetwork sats fail to bring in any channels....

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    ASiDiE said:
    Yes, MP does have most of the options... but I would still like to see a server/client. I would also like to see a web based server adminstration where you can select shows and see what is coming up all in a web browser. But I think the Biggest feature that MP is missing.... Dishnetwork support! The autotune for the dishnetwork sats fail to bring in any channels....

Don't you know that MP CAN be controlled by a web browser? Look here. TV programs can be selected if you are at work. You have to view in person - cannot watch video over web.

Mike

rayrob

Portal Member
    August 7, 2006
    You know what's funny? I was originally searching for info about 2wire's Media Portal when I found this Team-MediaPortal. I actually use a 2wire DSL router (HomePortal) and was looking into their MediaPortal. LOL :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom