Antec Fusion onboard IR, Harmony, MediaPortal? (1 Viewer)

Stokkes

Portal Member
November 28, 2007
Home Country
Canada Canada
Although there are a few threads on the Antec Fusion 430 case, I haven't found any concrete answers as to whether or not the onboard IR that comes with the Antec Fusion 430 (silver model) will work with :

Windows XP
Media Portal
Harmony remote.

Can anyone confirm whether or not this setup works ?

boardcrusher

December 4, 2007
It does work. I have the exact same hardware: Antec V2 Silver and Harmony 525. I followed these steps:

1. load Microsoft MCE controls on the harmony. When using the direction buttons and the OK button, the iMon software should respond when in MediaPortal. Other keys will also work in Windows, but not all.
2. Configure iMon. What I did was remove all other programs in the iMon config (IE, MCE, etc), and add only MediaPortal. The trick is to use the MediaPortal keyboard shortcuts and configure iMon so that these keys are "pressed" when a remote button is pressed.

It takes some time to get the mapping right (I didn't always know which button on the harmony corresponds with the button in iMon). I now have it working the way I want it. The only buttons I can't seem to get working are the "Prev" button on the remote (pressing it will generate an Enter in iMon), and the color buttons (I doubt iMon supports these buttons).

Good luck.

Stokkes

Portal Member
November 28, 2007
Home Country
Canada Canada
did you get the "Play" button to work? for some reason I can't get most of the Rew/Ffwd/Play buttons to get recognized..

The directional buttons and the enter buttons, volume, channel up/down all work, but that's basically it.

boardcrusher

December 4, 2007
Yep, play works (and the rest of these 8 buttons). The buttons you mention worked without any modification in iMon for me when I added the MCE-device to the Harmony. All the other buttons required step two I mentioned. What I did was test it for a Windows-command, so that you can see if the button works (I used the windows-key). When the button works, it should also work if you create the MediaPortal program and use the same button there. See the picture attached for an example of how I configured iMon (sorry about the Dutch version..).

I use iMon manager 6.20.1102 (Antec), by the way.

Attachments

• iMon.jpg
    iMon.jpg
    84.6 KB

bond007taz

Portal Member
December 20, 2007
Colorado
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
The only thing I could NOT do is power on the PC from standby or hibernate with a MCE remote using the IR on the case. I had to use an IR blaster connected to the USB port that I got with the MCE remote from Pinnacle.

bigflause

Portal Pro
August 14, 2007
Home Country
Ireland Ireland
have you got the cable from the botton on the front connected into the back of the VFD or is is directly in the motherboard?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom